Sponsored by:

Fikse wheel order

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Jim993
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fikse wheel order

I hope this post is appropriate. If not, other members feel free to straighten me out.
In March I placed on order directly with Fikse in Canada who are now offering a 28 day shipment. I ordered a set of Profil 10 with the stock NB offsets. The price seemed fair and I was offered free shipping if I placed the order that day. The order is pretty straight forward with the only custom option begin race satin finish on the outer rims instead of the standard polish. I paid in full with a credit card.
Contacting Fikse to determine the status of the wheels and shipment has been maddening. Two different employees have stated the wheels are complete and would ship the day I called. Both calls were 3 weeks ago. Getting a tracking number has proved impossible and I'm wondering about Fikse's customer service.
Anyone else having difficulty with Fikse delivery on an order? Is such customer service and lack of communication typical?
Of course I'll post pictures when the delivery day arrives.
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

This level of customer service does not bode well for resolution of any problems you may have with the wheels once you get them--just my two cents.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim993
I hope this post is appropriate. If not, other members feel free to straighten me out.
In March I placed on order directly with Fikse in Canada who are now offering a 28 day shipment. I ordered a set of Profil 10 with the stock NB offsets. The price seemed fair and I was offered free shipping if I placed the order that day. The order is pretty straight forward with the only custom option begin race satin finish on the outer rims instead of the standard polish. I paid in full with a credit card.
Contacting Fikse to determine the status of the wheels and shipment has been maddening. Two different employees have stated the wheels are complete and would ship the day I called. Both calls were 3 weeks ago. Getting a tracking number has proved impossible and I'm wondering about Fikse's customer service.
Anyone else having difficulty with Fikse delivery on an order? Is such customer service and lack of communication typical?
Of course I'll post pictures when the delivery day arrives.
Thanks.
Hi Jim,

Did you talk to Alan??
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

deleted with apologies to Fikse

Last edited by mooty; 05-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sucks to read this. Jim993; I hope you get your wheels soon!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Jim993
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have worked with Ramsey and Alan at Fikse. Thanks for everyones's input.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Fikse Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim's wheels have been shipped and are on the UPS truck for delivery today.

Last edited by Fikse Wheels; 05-14-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fikse has indeed stepped their game up.

Last year, I bent a (custom) Fiske wheel and needed to make a race in ten days. I found Alan on a mobile device somewhere supporting other racers. He was able to arrange to have a wheel milled and sent to me in Oklahoma with two days to spare.

THIS - is service. Thanks Fikse and Alan!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
dude, i said it many times
fikse ALWAYS had issues delivering.
why o why.... do you buy fikse
i had bbs mortosport, forgeline, hre, ccw, ssr, rays, jongbloed.... fikse is the single biggest failure i have ever had..... they are on a different calender.

it takes very LITTLE TIME to cut wheels. i watched it done. take on excuses. i give forgeline (steve), CCW (john), BBS motorsport (eric), jongbloed (ryan) a call, i bet anyone of then can deliver on time.

sorry, i only speak the truth, however horrible it sounds, it is the truth.

i have had clost to 30 sets of custom cut wheels in the lasts ten years. never once i had to pay in full. i am a customer not the commercial line of credit. i am also a banker, so i understand how business should be run. some manufacturers ship to me before they charge my a penny...

pick our suppliers carefully..

sorry for the rant, but something is just wrong with this pic.

btw, steve posting above is a cut above the rest. ships me stuff on time. too bad he makes no wheels.
Wow, John, looks like the grudge/hatred you have for Fikse is still burning like a thousand suns.

https://rennlist.com/forums/7210916-post40.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...test-news.html

I've had very good service with the old Fikse and the new Fikse. I only had issues when the old Fikse was having money and supply problems and took forever to repair a wheel under warranty. I didn't realize how marginal the company was, but it didn't make me dislike them in the least.

I think Fikse makes one of the best wheels out there in terms of looks and strength.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Alan made it all better!! I'm in good hands!!

Last edited by boman993; 05-15-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: change of events! Chuck Norris Approved.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
eeterp
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had bbs mortosport, forgeline, hre, ccw, ssr, rays, jongbloed.... fikse is the single biggest failure i have ever had..... they are on a different calender.
Doesn't it take 3-4 months to get Japanese wheels like SSR?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

deleted with apologies to Fikse

Last edited by mooty; 05-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by KaiB
Fikse has indeed stepped their game up.

Last year, I bent a (custom) Fiske wheel and needed to make a race in ten days. I found Alan on a mobile device somewhere supporting other racers. He was able to arrange to have a wheel milled and sent to me in Oklahoma with two days to spare.

THIS - is service. Thanks Fikse and Alan!
credit when credit is due.
THAT is service.
it may not sound like it, but I wish Alan success. however, I hear more LATE than HERO issues.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by eeterp
Doesn't it take 3-4 months to get Japanese wheels like SSR?
I'm in Asia a lot.
I buy there.
note I didn't recommend buying SSR on my initial post precisely bc SSR is poor service is USA and they know it.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

it's NOT a grudge. and I'm not the only one.
if we want to continue to dig, I have a **** load of stuff to bring out.
I have never said Fikse has bad product, but I have problem with their promised delivery time.
I spoke to Alan numerous times in the past from old fikse days and from canadian fikse days. he s a good guy.
I don't have issues with him, I have prob with delivery time

if I was told it takes a year for delivery and I agreed to that, I will wait for 365 days, no more no less. if I was told three weeks and it turned out to be 6 weeks, I have some MAJOR issues. then the reason I got was even more full of it.... don't go there....

btw, some resellers also have issues with their delivery times...
was not directed at you per se. but anyone who continues to do business with the F company.
but i had same experience and i hold my grudge FOREVER, dont mess with me (F company that is).

and i did take my business else where, CCW and jongbloed and in my opinion both are far superior products and CHEAPER oh, better service did i mention that?
they BOTH delivered brand new CUSTOM offset wheels to me before fikse can turn around replacing my halves. WTF.... aren't we all driving fast cars... i like fast manufacturers.

I REALLY HATE WAITING for anything.

and what i REALLY dont understand is that my mechanic can build a series winning BSR from scratch to race car in less then 3 weeks. so is it THAT difficult to make some wheels....

sorry, but the very mention of fikse boils my blood. i can go on and on, but i dont want to disable the entire internet web with the amount of sh*t i can dish out. ok, i need to go chill with some mojito.
If it walks like a grudge and talks like a grudge, it must be...love?

Quick Reply: Fikse wheel order