WTB: Turbo S air scoops/ducts

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Well it looks like I might be ordering these. They are available with lights or without. Here is the listing without the lights.

What is the consensus on the factory Hella's? It is foggy here fairly frequently so I would like usable fog lights. Are there better lights to use instead?
These arrived the other day. I got the ones without lights included. Nicely made and they have the Porsche part# stamped into them. Not bad for $130 shipped. Will be getting dropped off in the next few weeks at the paint shop for them to paint along with my turbo bumper.

I got some Hella Micro DE's to install with them but they don't look like they will fit without really cutting the ducts up. I think I will be ordering the factory Hella positioning lights instead.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:40 PM
Fede-993
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello everyone,
so refreshing this post to ask for some advice.
I've purchased a set of turbo air ducts for the front bumper.. found them on eBay for a really good price...
obviously when you save good money something wrong must happen.. so they put 2 small Hella's boxes with the parts as per picture below.
So, the stock foglight have that kind of round "xenon look" lense... how am I going to have that?
Do i have to buy separate lights? Or should I open the originals and "steal" that one from there? id' rather don't touch those...
Don't know how other kits arrive with...
thank you all in advance

Old 08-30-2019, 10:05 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Fede-993
Hello everyone,
so refreshing this post to ask for some advice.
I've purchased a set of turbo air ducts for the front bumper.. found them on eBay for a really good price...
obviously when you save good money something wrong must happen.. so they put 2 small Hella's boxes with the parts as per picture below.
So, the stock foglight have that kind of round "xenon look" lense... how am I going to have that?
Do i have to buy separate lights? Or should I open the originals and "steal" that one from there? id' rather don't touch those...
Don't know how other kits arrive with
It looks like you have everything but the wires. You should be able to fabricate something that will work. Take a look at the below thread started by Foxman in 2014. There are some good photos in the post too.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...installed.html
Old 08-30-2019, 10:15 PM
Fede-993
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks a lot.
Don't know why, after researching I could not find that post, VERY USEFUL indeed.
Still I think that those kinda squared Hella's bulb are not made for this kind of part... they should've been more rounded and bulbed ....
I have a set of bergrville led foglight bulbs...I'll install those
Old 08-31-2019, 03:37 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

The Genuine Turbo S versions have the exact same Hella lamps in them.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Top-Gun
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out my thread from awhile ago for a clean way to connect those lights using OEM VW connectors:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...o-s-ducts.html

Quick Reply: WTB: Turbo S air scoops/ducts