Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Looking for the Torque Value on a Sub Frame Mount Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:42 AM
uberlawyer
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@overboosted28: thanks, great explanation!

@il pirata: I am at standard 4S ROW height.

Just to make it perfectly clear: my problem IS NOT that I cannot max out the eccentrics; my problem IS that the RS eccentric maxes out at 6, while the LS eccentric maxes out at 4.

This assimmetry makes me think that maybe one of my arms on the LS (or even eccentric bolts, I understand they wear out as well) is not ok, especiallly since I am at standard 4S ROW height, therefore ride height should not prevent proper adjustment.

Last edited by uberlawyer; 06-21-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:45 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're close to standard ROW height then the difference between both sides could be slight discrepancies between subframe mounting or any small variance off your components. As long as you're equal, the car handles well, and keeps it's settings, I wouldn't worry about the slight differences of the max amount of adjustability. Just visually/physically make sure everything is good.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 369 Posts

again the eccentrics are never going to be the same side to side, they were never calibrated to be so.

the only thing you go by is the angles on the gauge

for street use the eccentrics are generally fine and hold well, it's when you hit the turtles at the track that they don't do so. I went w/ the Rennline rear upper arms and RSR A-arms on mine for that reason, a bonus is that you get more camber range when you do this, but it isn't a street need or even want
Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 PM
uberlawyer
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to both of you - I appreciate the advice

Quick Reply: Looking for the Torque Value on a Sub Frame Mount Bolt