Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

[quote=il pirata;10436588]
Originally Posted by ToSi
Updated w/ latest info.

PM me if you want a set of these, would consider having a batch made if enough interest.
[/QUOT

I am confused now. I thought we only needed a custom shoulder nut in the front for each side. What are the three parts in the picture?
I think what you are looking at is the stock nut on the left with two views of the Tosi Industries tube nut to the right of that.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

[quote=Cupcar;10436870]
Originally Posted by il pirata

I think what you are looking at is the stock nut on the left with two views of the Tosi Industries tube nut to the right of that.
Correct.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 AM
perelet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you guys ended up with batch? If not, whom can I contact to order couple of nuts

Turns out - "no spacer way" did not worked out:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...stopmounts.htm

Thanks.
Oleg.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by perelet
Did you guys ended up with batch? If not, whom can I contact to order couple of nuts

Turns out - "no spacer way" did not worked out:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...stopmounts.htm

Thanks.
Oleg.
I had to go the custom one off way. Stupid expensive. Any good machinist can do the work...if you are working with a shop they will know a good one. Make sure they use high quality steel...we used a form of tool steel.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Endoman
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Very useful thread. My caps are all odd walled and one had been dropped and the thread damaged, quick tickle with a needle file solved potential cross threading. Why the locktight and high torque when other top mounts don't use them? All parts now sourced hope ToSi can get those shouldernuts made. I confirmed with Rennline that theirs are for KW shocks. First I need to fit the Elephant bushes should keep me busy for a while
Old 07-28-2017, 03:14 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

great thread Tosi .. thanks for the clarity ... just wondering what is the function of the #1 covering nut?
Just for dust in the monoball? seems very sturdy for that alone.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:56 PM
nothingbutgt3
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 241 Posts

In a couple of mounts I am going to upgrade the top mounts on my silver 993, associated with PSS10.

Is there anyone who has machined produced two of those spacer/nut for the top mounts or any address when I can find it already done?

And if not, if I got it right, this spacer/nut machined from full, is the extension of the shock absorber rod, so it is supposed to be very strong material: what kind of steel should I use?
Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 PM
nothingbutgt3
Rennlist Member

I just don't understand why the outer diameter of the ToSi nut has two sizes, while the seat of the RS top mount is perfectly cilindric with just one diameter. Is there a specific reason?
Old 02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
nothingbutgt3
Rennlist Member

The Tosi nuts are in production at machining shop, a little bit modified.
ToSi was very kind and helpful, answering my doubt and giving me support in the changes I decided to introduce to his nuts.

Once I get them I am going to expose the changes

but for now I have a question: this sealing black strip, no one here removed it?

this 3/4mm thick layer...I mean...I install a mono ball to avoid any gummy interaction, but then, between the coil over system and the body this black layer isn’t going to reintroduce some kind of imprecision?
Probably tightening the 3 nuts the thickness of the black gummy layer decreases, I was also thinking that this layer probably works more as a vibration damper, because when the nuts are tightened, there is not very much more possibility of deformation for the black gummy.
in any case it is fixed using 3 and not 4 nuts, so probably it can move a bit around the single nut changing the angle of the coil over.

i am just asking myself if there is some kind of reason why they built it this way
Old 11-06-2019, 12:36 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts

Bumping this thread.

Tonight I was test fitting my mode camber plates and rear top mounts (which are clones of the RS ones). They were previously installed on Bilstein motorsport shocks which have very long threaded shafts compared to the PSS10s which have much shorter ones. When I tried to assemble everything it was clear the PSS10s do not have enough threads to secure the monoball and bushings. Does anyone have any of these "Tosi" shoulder nuts or equivalent available?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:48 PM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts

Good news... rennline makes the "Tosi" shoulder nut. Apparently they had problems with customers using KW clubsports with their camber plates/solid top hats and made a version of these nuts both in m12 and m14 sizes to fit in a standard 1" inner diameter spherical bearing used in most camber plates/solid top hats. Will share more as I get them next week and reassemble my suspension.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:06 AM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks @ToSi this thread is exactly what I needed!

Best,
Paul
Old 11-04-2022, 08:55 AM
993turboJP
2nd Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by ToSi
Updated w/ latest info.

PM me if you want a set of these, would consider having a batch made if enough interest.
Dear ToSi,

I’d like to install RS upper amount for 993 turbo and pss10.
Could you please tell me how can I get the nut you invented ?

Regards.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:24 PM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 993turboJP
Dear ToSi,

I’d like to install RS upper amount for 993 turbo and pss10.
Could you please tell me how can I get the nut you invented ?

Regards.
You'll want to find a local machinist to make a set for you. The dimensions in the first few posts should be enough for them to use.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:13 AM
993turboJP
2nd Gear

Yes, I got the dimension, and I asked some machinists, but there is some difficulty in here.
I know you posted years ago, but if you sell the sets of the nut to me, it would be great.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: RS Top Mounts with Bilstein PSS10