Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok , neo is blazed with the red pill..pss10 adjust meant

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 AM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first ride...felt like my kidney fell out.. I am shooting for the row M030 144 and 127 height..that chart was very usefull this am.. so i am going for an early easter ride.. 50 let the spring settle ...and shoot for 25.50 front arch height ..wich is 144 +/- 10..

i will also measure the bilstein from ..common point ..so that the next guy who puts one on...can see..how much turns the rings...

i apologize for the bad photo..but this was the car sitting after the shops' impromptu adjustment

we did ..we moved up the rings 1" inch (bilsteins today)

i should be done by monday AM for the final sitting..

Lemon
Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 AM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Sorry couldn't be there this AM. Next one, I will bring something...
Ride does seem little lower than prefer, like you would have no rebound at all and possibly hitting top mounts(?).
Anyways, when I did my suspension upgrade, it rode like ****ty pig so next thing to do was went to get 4 corner balance & full alignment at Darin's in Torrance... It has transformed the car!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:58 AM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

f8vr993....i might go to darins..but a bit far ..ill see if they can squeeze me in...we have pictures if you want to see...@
official now :Get together Socal

next one will be the 4th saturday of April..
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

road around easter for 75 miles...i got the shock to and spring to settle.. this morning

fronts were 25.6inches @ wheel arch for driver front .. 25.5@ wheel arch passenger front.

we wanted 25.75-26.00 wich is the row height..for the front

rears were . 25.375 @wheel arch for driver back ... 25.25@ wheel arch ,passenger rear.

we wanted 25.65 - 26.10 for the rear for a little rake look

after turning the rings in the rear. we achieved..

front driver at 25.85 ...and 25.85 front passenger..

the rear..were at 26.00 for both side..

this is the final stance..wich is the ROW height.

this Pm i took it to the alignment place and next week i will take it to derrin nashimura's place for the corner balance..

i am very happy with the turn out of the project..i think the height made the car handle better.. the original was 26.75 ...and we got .75 less in the wheel arch...this height i dont have to worry about driveways..i make em with plenty to spare..and i like how the car looks..not a low rider but lower than stock..

Till the next project..I hope my journey will help you guys avoid mistakes i made...and save you guys time.

more to come lemon

Lemon
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnellAuto
...this height i dont have to worry about driveways..i make em with plenty to spare..and i like how the car looks..not a low rider but lower than stock.
Good call. I'm low...lower than any I've seen and I have to be uber careful and STILL drag F/R occasionally and it sucks. Usually when I'm not paying 100% attention and sssccrrrraaappppeeeee. You can sorta see how low in the low-res avatar photo. PO set ride height (and she looks hawt!) but I'll be bringing it up at some point. SD's roads suck, which doesn't help.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by f8vr993
Sorry couldn't be there this AM. Next one, I will bring something...
Ride does seem little lower than prefer, like you would have no rebound at all and possibly hitting top mounts(?).
Anyways, when I did my suspension upgrade, it rode like ****ty pig so next thing to do was went to get 4 corner balance & full alignment at Darin's in Torrance... It has transformed the car!
f8vr993,
Are you referencing Darin at West End Alignment? If so, isn't the shop on Vermont ave. in Gardena and not Torrance?
Or am I talking apples and oranges, here?

If we're talking the same person, Darin certainly knows his way around Porsche's and does teriffic alighment and corner balance at a reasonable price.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 AM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

yes, that would be in Gardena, not Torrance as I got that mixed up...
South bay, south bay is same, no? jk..
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 AM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

i know i am going to be having japanese food..while the car is on the rack...

lemon
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 AM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

well i finally got to go to Derin Nashimura's shop..I got my baby cornered balance ..and set up for canyon driving.

i also got my M030 front and rear sway bars installed yesterday by yours truly and some how f)(* the alignment..so the next day was my appointment with west end alignment. I can say the 57 mile drive was worth the trouble..my car feels so different... the car feels more solid now.

Derrins son .. weighting my car

Derrin and Son ...doing the alignment..

It was a great stay ..very hospitable people.

my final bill was 280.00 and it took em a good 2 hours ..adjusting..and 2 test drive to get it right

Quick Reply: ok , neo is blazed with the red pill..pss10 adjust meant