Rear spoiler wall

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
$91.37 from Sunset
Thanks...shameless plug. $25 plus shipping.
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
I did it the same way - the "Thomas Schulte" (added content) method. Took about 30 minutes taking my time. I did clean and condition the rubber gasket.

I don't think you should need any tape or silicone to hold it in place. I can see putting tape along the weak joints, but after reading above I'm hoping to get many years out of it stock.

Did the mid section of yours snap onto the metal rod it is like a 1/4 metal rod? There is a L shaped piece on either side of the new wall that latches over the metal rod and snaps on. I did not see that mentioned in the DIY but noticed it taking my old one off?
Mine doesn't snap in on the top. The bottom snapped on just fine exactly as you described.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

Mine took a few minutes to put on. If you put your fingers through the top side of the spoiler there seems to be an edge you can just reach that allows you to exert enough force to snap in the top portion of the spoiler wall.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I just finished replacing my broken spoiler wall. I cleaned the trim piece and put some rubber dressing on it (it was still pretty soft and flexible). My new spoiler wall went in just like the old one came out, there are two sections of the wall that snap into place along the lower middle section. I used Tore's DIY mentioned here.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

DO like the Ben and find away to get a little gentle force on it. Mine was tricky to get started but once you do then you can just edge a long and it slides on nice and snug but mine doesn't click on the top. If it still doesn't want to start maybe try cleaning that edge or adding a little lubricant.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 PM
deekay911
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a thread recently about new ones coming from the dealers 'out of spec' and they wouldn't fit - seemed like the profile that slid into the slot was way too big. Those guys fitting new ones - were they recently procured? Is that 'out of spec' issue over I wonder?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by deekay911
There was a thread recently about new ones coming from the dealers 'out of spec' and they wouldn't fit - seemed like the profile that slid into the slot was way too big. Those guys fitting new ones - were they recently procured? Is that 'out of spec' issue over I wonder?
I believe this post was about the bottom of the spoiler wall where the rubber is. I didn't have that issue. The clip on the top of the wall is the issue with mine. I can see where and how it's supposed to snap in, but the "clip" part of the new spoiler wall is just too wide. I can push it completely in, but it doesn't snap. I ordered it this winter and was hoping the one I got wouldn't have this issue. Now I'll need to get a little creative. I'm thinking of using some gorilla tape and wrapping it around the clip area that is on the spoiler to help make the area wider. Then I can push in the new wall and trim the exposed tape with an x-acto knife. Really goes against me to "fix" things in this manner.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I purchased mine from the dealer about a month ago, everything snapped into place.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler wall