Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ToSi
But the engines weren't tested under the same conditions - the 9M run shows a temperature of 8.3C (47F!) while the GT3 was run @ 29C (85F). [/IMG]
The 9m dyno has an in-built weather station. The barometric pressure sensor is on the control unit circuit board, the air temperature probe is on a flying lead attached to the control tower but is always left there, thus avoiding the common practice of leaving it in the engine bay to get a higher temperature and higher corrected power reading. Hence all the runs that we record in raw data are processed using the ISO standard correction formulae to produce power readings to DIN standards. Are we done now?

As I said, the bottom line is that my 993RS spanked a modified GT3RS by 5 seconds in one lap, much to the annoyance of Tim the GT3RS owner who had spent a fortune having his car prepared.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
As I said, the bottom line is that my 993RS spanked a modified GT3RS by 5 seconds in one lap, much to the annoyance of Tim the GT3RS owner who had spent a fortune having his car prepared.
And THIS, in the real world, is the only thing that maters.

Car, engine, driver, setup and a thousand other things all play a role in the total package. The final arbiter is the end result up the hill or around the track.

Quick Reply: 3.8 Upgrade?