Sponsored by:

Carrera RS Replica

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean E Yamuni
I'm not a member yet...I'd like to look into PCA as we have a lot of nice track locally
So what are some decent choices in the coil over space and what engine mods do you guys see appropriate to add a Lil pep to this standard motor ...
Thanks
Sean
Sean,
Do a search on "suspension options", pss-9 pss-10, kw, Bilstein, coilovers, suspension replacement, suspension upgrade, moton, etc and you'll find the suspension discussion has been re-hashed a number of times so start there for a basic idea of what's out there. Use the search at the upper right just above all the top threads.

Engine mods: There's not a lot of "easy" power to be had. '95 cars are easily chipped for modest improvements (search "Steve Wong chip" for one of them), some go Light Weight Flywheel (LWF) for quicker rev'ing not really more power, at the extreme end some go to superchargers and if you want a turbo best to just go buy a turbo 993.

The *best* mod to get more performance is to improve the driver. Join PCA, do a Performance Driving School, some autocross (AX), or even a track day Drivers Ed (DE) event. All good ways to get to know your new best friend!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Sean E Yamuni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far so good the car should be getting a PPI by weeks end ...
I'm looking to get the cars stance right and lower it a Lil bit any suggestions also I'd like to remove the wing and replace with a duck wing ...where's the best place to get one
I'm also considering getting the GT3rs carbon seats and installing them so I might part with these seats
How hard is the conversion from 997 to these seat rails
Ps: I have access to the gt3rs seat for a steal only reason why
Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
+993. Not sure why people do this. It is NOT an RS in any way. Wouldn't fool a blind man in the dark.
True, but would easily fool a Donkey and there are plenty of them to go around!

Maybe the seller is Donkey hunting. Either that or he actually is one.

My money is on the latter.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Sean E Yamuni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll find out whatvhecis when I meet him....maybe a donkey or some one that doesn't have the purist mentality ....
Any word on the seats ?..

Quick Reply: Carrera RS Replica