Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Vin Identification labels on the 993 (particularly if RHD Australian delivery)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Vin Identification labels on the 993 (particularly if RHD Australian delivery)

I noticed when reading Ultimate Buyers Guide by Peter Morgan on the 993, that 993's should have a silver embossed VIN sticker on the right hand side B pillar.

On my car which is an Australian delivery RHD car, I do not have any label like that. I do however have a paper barcode sticker on the passenger side (left hand side B pillar) similar to that pictured below:

Apologies but I pulled these pics off another thread in the 964 forum as I was reading that thread and it suddenly reminded me about this fact that has bugged me for some time on my 993.

Wondering if anyone else has a similar omitted sticker, particularly if an Australia deliver car. Am guessing that I lost it when the car was repainted before I bought it (amazingly found out about the big repair job on my car before I took delivery through the net here: http://www.nspsmashrepairs.com/?work...993-carrera-4s)

Much thanks in advance.

Last edited by Harold; 01-10-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Harold,
The top picture- there is no sticker like that on an Australian 993.
The second picture- Yes that is a ID sticker on the inside of the left door aperture below the door striker.

Thanks,
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Neil,

Thanks very much for the feedback mate. It always bugged me thinking that I was missing that sticker. Great to hear.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 AM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Harold,
No problems, usually I can help with 993's, as I have one that I have been trying to get as perfect as possible and all these issues I have investigated at some stage.

Thanks,
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Great stuff neil. Will start tapping on your expertise more in the future if you don't mind as I will slowly be looking to bringing my 993 back up to perfect condition. Oddly when it was first purchased I was already working overseas in Singapore and have had very little time in Oz to sort it out. Rather I just come back and drive it.

But now my intention is to gradually work towards spending more time back in Oz and hence will be looking to get the old dame up to scratch and making sure shes as perfect as I can get her. Would love to see some pictures of your car!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Toto111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same with mine gents. No sticker.

Neil would know anyway as he sighted my car for me and I bought it sight unseen.

Neil is your man Harold. Has the most perfect 993 I've ever seen.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toto111
Same with mine gents. No sticker.

Neil would know anyway as he sighted my car for me and I bought it sight unseen.

Neil is your man Harold. Has the most perfect 993 I've ever seen.
Great news mate. One less thing to worry about as I'm a stickler for originality. Would you believe my car has no mods to it in almost 10 years I've had it. Thanks very much for your further confirmation!

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Neil is correct. As a data point the larger sticker was also absent from the NZ delivered 993. We however also got the scrappy bar code sticker which on my car started to look a bit of an eyesore so I removed it (probably should have left t in place for sake of originality). I thought it looked rather cheap and nasty myself...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Neil is correct. As a data point the larger sticker was also absent from the NZ delivered 993. We however also got the scrappy bar code sticker which on my car started to look a bit of an eyesore so I removed it (probably should have left t in place for sake of originality). I thought it looked rather cheap and nasty myself...
Macca, you had a 993 RS before?!?! Nice. My friend exported his from Singapore to New Zealand many years back. He regrets having done that everyday since.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Harold. Yes. I imported Leslies 993RS to New Zealand. I also bought his yellow GT3 and BMW M5. I think we have spoken before...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Hi Harold. Yes. I imported Leslies 993RS to New Zealand. I also bought his yellow GT3 and BMW M5. I think we have spoken before...
Ahhhh yes I remember mate!!

It's great to see you still on the board. Leslie recently bought my old silver 993 C2 in Singapore years after I sold it, so he's finally back into air cooled. Sadly there are very few 993s left there and it's just lucky I spend time in Oz still or no chance of enjoying a 993 myself.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

It is a small world. I was talking with Gerald a little while back and he was telling me Leslie was purchasing Harold's old C2. They also still have the 2.7 RS clone but it doesn't sound like its getting a lot of use. Leslie has a Galado last time I was in Singapore...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

It is a small world. I was talking with Gerald a little while back and he was telling me Leslie was purchasing Harold's old C2. They also still have the 2.7 RS clone but it doesn't sound like its getting a lot of use. Leslie has a Galado last time I was in Singapore...
The Gallardo left him a long way back mate. Next time you are in Singapore or Oz do let me know and we can see if we can tee up. Yep the 2.7 gets very little use at the moment. I've decided to concentrate on buying a classic here in Oz at some point. Still haven't decided what it will be yet... But just so much more economical and there's a much wider choice.

Quick Reply: Vin Identification labels on the 993 (particularly if RHD Australian delivery)