Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

New Stablemate - It's A Monster

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Great selection. IMO much better than a Cayman. They are fast, reliable, agile, comfortable, practical, and Fast... Your MPG's will increase. Right now you are like a teenager on the throttle and its breaking in... I love my BMW's. Porsche is like no other... But the BMW is Ultimate Driving Machine.

With regard to Exhaust. Look at Bimmerworld for options. Also go to bimmerforums for reference.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EckFe1
Nice car Flat6,
2 points though, is your wife up to the task of driving it or is she just profiling at 13mpg's?
Where are you going to stretch the car's legs in the US?
Good luck and enjoy the new toy!
Ed
I love that our 993 family also has lots of M content in our garages also!

You raise good points here. My wife can drive manual and in fact used to frequently drive my 01 996 when it was new. She won't go near the 993 (thankfully) as it's both too mechanical if that's the right term and precious to me I think (can't just go buy another like the 996 were she to ball it up). She once joked if she were to crash it start looking for her in Tijuana!

For now she's scared to start driving this car too (we have her 335 for 3 more weeks so baby steps are possible in between). Her homework assignment is to read the manual. Truth is this car has 5lb/ft. less torque than the 335. With the ability to dial shift speed and power down via key memory the M3 in fact can be quite benign if you need it to be. She is an artist with a home studio so really it's casual use for her at best (all about me!). Her biggest fear is hitting the spoiler and banging up the wheels on the terrible CA roads (why I opted for the wheel/tire insurance from BMW).
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

I almost forgot (about stretching it's legs). The desert roads from San Diego inland and of course the back way to Palm Desert a frequent weekend getaway (Palms To Pines) Highway are some of the best driving roads in the country. This rig will get PLENTY of proper exercise

Just this example (the run up Palomar Mtn) is known by car and motorcycle enthusiasts far and wide.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Before you spend insane money on an aftermarket exhaust or the BMW performance exhaust, look into the OEM muffler modification. It keeps the car looking stock but gives the car a very nice aggressive sound with no droning. The muffler gets opened up and the perforated pipe gets replaced with non perforated or solid pipe. I did it and am very pleased. I bought another oem muffler and modified it, so I still have my original.

This is not my car in the video but it will give you an idea of the sound. Listen to the video until the end. You can do this for $250-400 depending on whether or not you buy an extra muffler or modify the one you have. Good Luck

Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Nice Scott will definitly check that value mod out!

Quick Reply: New Stablemate - It's A Monster