Sponsored by:

What's it worth? 98 - 993 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Seljan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's it worth? 98 - 993 Cabrio

I am out of garage space and am considering selling my 993. I am the original owner. Bought it new in 98. It's got 44k on it. Always garaged. No accidents or dings. Interior is flawless. Only mod was suspension lowered. It's been so long I don't recall what system. It is one of the very last 993's built.
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Seljan
Pro

I am only looking for some opinions from knowledgeable Porsche owners. My local dealer is working some numbers for me and I want to be able to keep him honest.

I haven't yet decided whether or not to sell the car. There was a time when I told my wife that at the end...I want to be buried in my 911.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Seljan
...I want to be buried in my 911.
Many of us utter those words as the 993 911 is something very special.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Its worth at least the value of a membership
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 691 Posts

I'm no expert, but original owner has value, especially if you have all records from new.
Options? Pic of option sticker?
More pics would be nice too. Interior, etc.
I'm not a cab man, but my GUESS with the miles and apparent great condition, mid $40s.
Total guess, so please don't flame me too badly. I don't follow cabs but thought someone should get the ball rolling.
My guess is you will be able to do better here v dealer due to their need to profit on every transaction. Plus, looks like a car that belongs in a Rennlister's hands.
Better yet, keep it another year. I bet it won't be worth less...
Good luck , whatever you choose. Now, someone who knows the single owner cab market can chime in
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Good idea. Money very well spent, IMO.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
pegdrag
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know if this helps, but paid 41k for a 95 cab with 28,000 miles...perfect condition in 2011.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Seljan
Pro

Thanks for the number. That's what I was interested in.

And I thought I was a paid lifetime member at Rennlist.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

High 30s, tops.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

+1

FWIW, the "whats my car worth" threads have received their share of criticism on RL from some (but not all of course). Those who are critical of them tend to feel these are just "trolling" threads designed to gin up interest in the car and potential buyers, perhaps even a bidding war. Especially given that there are tons of ways to determine the value of your car (search the RL classifieds for one) without having to post a thread asking for input. Be prepared to get flamed by some as a result. That you have been a user of RL for 10+yrs without ponying up the $$$ for a membership,relatively small number of posts, minimal details/pics likely won't help either.

That all being said, as an owner of a 60k '98 Cab myself, I love your car and given the 1-owner status, good color combo, (hopefully) documented service history, etc. I'm thinking low/mid 40's too.

What's the build date and last 4 #s of your VIN?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
+1

FWIW, the "whats my car worth" threads have received their share of criticism on RL from some (but not all of course). Those who are critical of them tend to feel these are just "trolling" threads designed to gin up interest in the car and potential buyers, perhaps even a bidding war. Especially given that there are tons of ways to determine the value of your car (search the RL classifieds for one) without having to post a thread asking for input. Be prepared to get flamed by some as a result. That you have been a user of RL for 10+yrs without ponying up the $$$ for a membership,relatively small number of posts, minimal details/pics likely won't help either.

That all being said, as an owner of a 60k '98 Cab myself, I love your car and given the 1-owner status, good color combo, (hopefully) documented service history, etc. I'm thinking low/mid 40's too.

Also, since only members can post For Sale ads, this is a cheap way for a user to sidestep placing a For Sale ad without placing a For Sale ad
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Also, since only members can post For Sale ads, this is a cheap way for a user to sidestep placing a For Sale ad without placing a For Sale ad
Good point

He'd better zip up that flame suit
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, go easy on him, he might just BE a member....
Read the notice at the top of the page.....perhaps your "lifetime member" status got blown away accidentally. Click on the link there. For other issues, submit a post to the Rennlist Member Help (Help for Members Issues Only) forum.

Last edited by kjr914; 01-08-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added stuff.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

I didn't know there was a lifetime membership available for Rennlist, except maybe for a very few select VIPs/Friends of John D...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Seljan
Pro

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
+1

I can appreciate that. The truth is, I am really on the fence about selling the car. One of the dumbest days of my life was when I sold my 96 993TT.

I see names here yet of people that I know and have done drives with over the years. And I did pony up the $$ for a membership. If it expired I wasn't informed. But as I already stated I thought I had purchased a lifetime membership.

Quick Reply: What's it worth? 98 - 993 Cabrio