Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird! Thx for reply Bill.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Small detail from the gearbox build: option M003 993RS Clubsport steel syncro rings to replace the factory bronze rings. Clubsport ring is on the left.

These parts raise the question to how Porshce set their pricing structure? Two of the RS rings are £370 each, the other 4 are £160 each, so that's £1380 +VAT for a set of syncro rings. Ouch.
that's ~$275 a pop for the 4x 3-6 syncros + the guide-sleeve and shift forks @~$560 a pop and whatever else may need attention while you are in there
Old 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
PaulGeudon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
I was going to thank you all, post by post ,for the best wishes but are not familiar with how to do this (coying posts into a reply) so I will ask Colin for a lesson on friday and then personally comment to your posts in the future so it will be a common Tack (Thanks) to you all!

I hope to see the European members on the Ring or at other venues across Europe (and perhaps some in Sweden) in years to come as this car will be a keeper

It is a re-build from the hart that I hope to enjoy for many years to come and the next step down the slippery slope will be to put her on a diet hence no need for a full re-spary

Power is nothing without control
Fabulous build, great car - you're a man of taste.

I'm based in the UK, so the Ring could well be somewhere we meet! Doing the Manthey day in August?

Look forward to seeing some pictures on Friday...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
PaulGeudon
Instructor

Also, I'm going to drive the EVO Triangle and Llanberis Pass on Friday with some friends... We'll have 4 Porsches, 3 Astons and 3 Ferraris going. Fancy joining us for a maiden drive in the car? Obviously all of the Nine Meister crew also welcome?! You'll only be a few miles away...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulGeudon
Fabulous build, great car - you're a man of taste.

I'm based in the UK, so the Ring could well be somewhere we meet! Doing the Manthey day in August?

Look forward to seeing some pictures on Friday...
The current plan is to go to Nürburg on the 1st of August and to do a few laps over the weekend during the public driving to then join Destination Nürburgring´s track day on the 5&6th so to get some clear laps. I will then do the Scuderia Hanseat in september with our car club RingRunners.

What date is the Manthey day?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
PaulGeudon
Instructor

The current plan is to go to Nürburg on the 1st of August and to do a few laps over the weekend during the public driving to then join Destination Nürburgring´s track day on the 5&6th so to get some clear laps. I will then do the Scuderia Hanseat in september with our car club RingRunners.

What date is the Manthey day?
Could be easy for you to stay... It's on the 7th September. I'm going with my club, Gentleman Drivers Club...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Question

Also, I'm going to drive the EVO Triangle and Llanberis Pass on Friday with some friends... We'll have 4 Porsches, 3 Astons and 3 Ferraris going. Fancy joining us for a maiden drive in the car? Obviously all of the Nine Meister crew also welcome?! You'll only be a few miles away...
Sounds like I great opportunity and I thank you for the invite. It will however depend if Colin and the lads are all done with my car by then as I am scheduled to arrive at 9m on friday morning!?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Could be easy for you to stay... It's on the 7th September. I'm going with my club, Gentleman Drivers Club...
The Scuderia Hanseat starts on Sunday the 15th of September goes on until the 18th so unfortunately my stay in Nürburg would be too long, wife would kill me!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
PaulGeudon
Instructor

Sounds like I great opportunity and I thank you for the invite. It will however depend if Colin and the lads are all done with my car by then as I am scheduled to arrive at 9m on friday morning!?
We'll be having lunch at the Rhug Estate At 12:30, driving EVO Triangle before... I'm happy to send you a PM with my mobile if you're interested in meeting up?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by rsman
Any idea why RS front backing plates are different colors? Just ordered some and mine came in different as well!
Porsche have two different suppliers for the parts and are now rolling out the old stock of one colour with the new stock of the other colour. At some point in the future the parts will arrive in the same colour, probably silver.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You know, I love the way we are all talking about where the car is going to play whilst we are still working day and night to get the car finished for the weekend. That's progress I guess, at no point has anyone questioned our sanity!

Anyway, in respect of the boys putting the car back together let's get back to the build. This morning a new rear spoiler grille was fitted to the spoiler; we could have used the original but it would have ot be cut out of the old spoiler and would more likely be damaged as a result, so a new one is a no-brainer.

Following that Rob set about bonding in the rear screen. The skill here is to know how much adhesive to use, the height of the bead is set by the nozzle on the gun. The adhesive is rapid set, so an hour after fitting we can remove the holding tape and fit the edge seal.
Attached Images       
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

At the other end of the workshop Mark is cracking on with both the gearbox and the engine build.

Unfortunately office duties meant that I missed photographing the head assembly this morning, but I did manage to catch Mark assembling the cam drive and setting the basic cam timing. Later on Mark had the 964 rockers fitted and adjusted, hence on target to have the engine ready for installation tomorrow.

The 9m/Carbonetic limited slip differential is now fully assembled with the original final drive ring and new side bearings fitted, so a couple of hours work required and the transmission can be fitted as well.

It's a good job we're not planning an early finish on Friday I suppose!
Attached Images         
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

There are very few cars that I would think a big *** Nordschlife sticker on the rear window would look good. This is one of them.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This rebuild has been just fantastic to watch, being a newbe I'm in awe of your team!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 AM
pcs7556964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I hope to see the European members on the Ring or at other venues across Europe (and perhaps some in Sweden) in years to come as this car will be a keeper
Great that you are sticking with the 993 rather than going down the easy path of a GT3, you will have so much more fun!

I can recomed a pair of Peltor ear protectors, they will give you some comfort on the motorways and wonderful swedish roads now that you skipped the carpets.

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4