993 Forum 1995-1998

AX fun (Other car = Avant)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13

The flatsixforme on that pic, however... a dissertation can be written about that shot Tell me what seems obviously wrong with it. Just for my own self-deprecation I'll include one "don't drive like me" pic here that we can equally discuss

Nile, I suspect that you and I would get along well in person and I know your comment is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but that's a pretty strong statement when you can't really know where that cone was placed in the course.
Adam is a pretty competent driver, (kicks my ***), as evidenced by the fact that he is usually TTOD #2 or #3 driving a heavy 993 in a pretty competitive region.

Dang, what's all that green stuff growing out of your AX course?

Cheers,

Craig
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

The green stuff would be... grass We have an old airfield that is not maintained any more as far as pavement goes. It's still better than 99% of North East venues from what I understand. But there are some cracks.

BTW, no need to defend Adam. The same way I don't defend my driving (and thus put that pic up). This was more of an attempt to help by telling what i see on the picture. But, as I've said, it's more of an instructor's knee-jerk reaction, nothing else I hope to get out there in a summer and co-drive with someone. Same here - if you guys get to Boston on a PA event day and feel like autocrossing - just let me know.

Quick Reply: AX fun (Other car = Avant)