Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midnight Blue/ Black 993

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Just because a car has a clean car-fax it does not mean it has not been in a major accident.

I personally know of a new BMW that went through a storefront plate glass window and that required 12K $ in new parts (16K total bill) in order to be rebuilt. The car had less than 2K miles on it when the accident occurred and it comes back as accident-free on carfax, even two years later. State Farm paid the claim.

Carfax is a guide but not always accurate, as in this case.

Regards,

Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
Just because a car has a clean car-fax it does not mean it has not been in a major accident.

I personally know of a new BMW that went through a storefront plate glass window and that required 12K $ in new parts (16K total bill) in order to be rebuilt. The car had less than 2K miles on it when the accident occurred and it comes back as accident-free on carfax, even two years later. State Farm paid the claim.

Regards,

Wow! Learned something new today
I will let the owner know tomorrow and if he the dealer where he bought it didn't tell him that , I'm going to post here the name of the dealer..
Old 12-28-2012, 11:05 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey opo, did you ever find anything out?

I noticed the car got relisted on ebay with no mention of a salvage title. It actually even says " no accidents"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carre...orcev4exp=true
Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 AM
C2Cab95
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't sell it the first time around... raises price $3,100.00

Seems logical.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JB 911
Hey opo, did you ever find anything out?

I noticed the car got relisted on ebay with no mention of a salvage title. It actually even says " no accidents"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carre...orcev4exp=true
JB 911, He didn't have any clue of this, he went and checked his title and the title is clear, but according to another guy he says only in texas can you take a salvage title and make it clear, after speaking with him about this situation I anoticed that the car was removed from EBay
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

That stinks if he never knew it before buying it. Are you still going to rat out the dealer that sold it to him for your RL brethen? I guess it would take such further research and verification to determine the when and if it had a 'laundered' title and hence who was the person in the chain of 8 owners to do 'laundry'. Might have happened previous to that dealer. But that stinks. I guess it would be pretty simple to track down if he wanted to. Find the date of that salvage claim and you pretty much vindicate the owners before then.

Guess one more thing to add to our pre purchase research... google vin.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Guess one more thing to add to our pre purchase research... google vin.[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed, I don't know if he went back to the dealer and asked about it or if the dealer knew about it, but he purchase the car from VICTORY MOTORS
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto

Regards,

i would hope that if this car was ever a salvage title it would show up on either carfax or autocheck.

it is true a car can be in an accident and not show up on a carfax or autocheck but once marked salvage in one state it should still show up even if a clear title could be issued in TX.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed, I don't know if he went back to the dealer and asked about it or if the dealer knew about it, but he purchase the car from VICTORY MOTORS [/QUOTE]

I am shocked. Not.

Quick Reply: Midnight Blue/ Black 993