Sponsored by:

Midnight Blue/ Black 993

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
nitrobrother
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Questionable mods, IMHO, would be the Turbo spoiler (a little much on a narrow body and in need of something up front for a more balanced look), the 295/30 rear tires (might rub on a NB), the "premium wheels (what brand are they?), the side sills (again, just my opinion). NOTHING that can't be changed but they will make the car a harder sell (and most likely a better deal for the eventual buyer).
Gotcha, makes sense to me...thanks for clarifying that. I'm doing my research on what will be my first Porsche and am trying to learn the ins and outs of 993's.

I made no comments on the Tip.
I apologize if it seemed so. I'm not eager to hijack this thread, but I'm simply tired of the juvenile chest-pumping of those who disparage a two-pedal Porsche and suggest that they shouldn't exist. Horses for courses, is my point, and wish that others would see value in setups different than their own.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitrobrother
I'm simply tired of the juvenile chest-pumping of those who disparage a two-pedal Porsche and suggest that they shouldn't exist. Horses for courses, is my point, and wish that others would see value in setups different than their own.
Just contact the seller and tell him you'd like to pay him a certain percentage higher than his asking price, because you think it is wrong that people devalue Tips.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Questionable mods, IMHO, would be the Turbo spoiler (a little much on a narrow body and in need of something up front for a more balanced look), the 295/30 rear tires (might rub on a NB), the "premium wheels (what brand are they?), the side sills (again, just my opinion). NOTHING that can't be changed but they will make the car a harder sell (and most likely a better deal for the eventual buyer).
+993.

Installation of those ridiculous side skirts require trimming sheetmetal from the rear quarters. Another member removed a set from his cab and had to patch his quarters. The crazy thing is that the quarters need trimming to clear the brake scoops incorporated into the skirts. And the brake scoops are, you guessed it, fake.

FWIW - If I find this color combo in a 6 speed I'm buying it
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
nitrobrother
AutoX

Originally Posted by PecosBill
Just contact the seller and tell him you'd like to pay him a certain percentage higher than his asking price, because you think it is wrong that people devalue Tips.
My point is proved.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by JM993
+993.

FWIW - If I find this color combo in a 6 speed I'm buying it
Mind candy: M002 993RS, Midnight Blue/Black, Aerokit delete (I don't think this was even an option), A/C (makes driving nicer on hot summer days), no airbags, manual windows, very basic stereo. Just sayin.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrobrother
I apologize if it seemed so. I'm not eager to hijack this thread, but I'm simply tired of the juvenile chest-pumping of those who disparage a two-pedal Porsche and suggest that they shouldn't exist. Horses for courses, is my point, and wish that others would see value in setups different than their own.
The suggestion here is that Tips are cheaper. If you disagree, go to the nearest corner and loudly argue with the market.

If, however, you want/need a Tip, lucky for you, they are cheaper to buy than a manual 993. They are also significantly more difficult to sell so it's pretty much a buyer's market.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mind candy: M002 993RS, Midnight Blue/Black, Aerokit delete (I don't think this was even an option), A/C (makes driving nicer on hot summer days), no airbags, manual windows, very basic stereo. Just sayin.

Here's mine: 993RS, Midnight Blue/Black, Aero kit (wing/skirts/splitters) delete, sunroof delete, and add back softback sports seats, airbags, A/C.

No wonder we both own 2 NA 993s.....
Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A quick googling shows this car w/ a salvage title. On eBay w/o full disclosure? .... so shocked.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Would you mind sharing where you found that. I searched the VIn and salvagedb.com had it listed as salvage. Is that where you found it or somewhere else. Is salvagedb reliable?

If so that is really scary. I can see a minor accident escaping carfax, but a salvage? Scary.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JB 911
Would you mind sharing where you found that. I searched the VIn and salvagedb.com had it listed as salvage. Is that where you found it or somewhere else. Is salvagedb reliable?

If so that is really scary. I can see a minor accident escaping carfax, but a salvage? Scary.
seems to be accurate...ie sold at manheim auction as salvage
Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just googled the VIN, that is the site I was referencing, yes.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Ok guys I'm lost here, so u guys are saying this midnight blue car has a salvage title? The reason I'm asking is because I know the owner and I know where he bought the car and honestly if this car has a salvage title the owner doesn't have a clue about that, also when he bought it I told him not to put that turbo spoiler but he said he loved the look
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

opo, in Texas, I believe it reads 'reconditioned title'. Could you ask him to check the title and see.

Also, is he the Olympia motorcars? Or are they selling it for him?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

I noticed the option sticker was missing from the underside of the hood.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

opo, in Texas, I believe it reads 'reconditioned title'. Could you ask him to check the title and see.

Also, is he the Olympia motorcars? Or are they selling it for him?
He's not a dealer, he bought this 993 after he got to see mine at CC and felt in love with the 993, I will ask him tomorrow .
But why it doesn't show a accident report on the auto check that is offered by EBay

Quick Reply: Midnight Blue/ Black 993