Sponsored by:

OT: RS4

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jo-hans
I am sure you'd have to drop the engine on the RS4?
Dropping the transmission is probably the easiest way. The transmission isn't too bad to remove on the RS4, and that leaves the back of the motor completely exposed.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by jo-hans
Was it a DIY or dealer? What was the mileage? I am sure you'd have to drop the engine on the RS4? I am partial to a wagon as well.
It's my DD and I am a slow worker so I had my local indy do it. On S4 engine needs dropping for chain work so RS4 must be same. Mileage was 140K and cold starts I had a rattle that got worse over time.

RS4 (B7) has always seemed to have good reviews from all and I can imagine the engine is epic - for the RS4 (versus S4) I believe they tweaked the AWD % split (plus obvious changes to suspension) which improved on the S4 nose heavy feeling/handling. I also agree on styling - Audi have nailed it these past few years and the flared arches on RS4 are sweet - the OP has one mean looking car without it looking OTT.

New RS4 is available in UK with Avant body but no stick/manual option. USA gets manual option but no Avant.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
Congrats on the RS4. I own a 2008 and have logged 150,000 + km's in the cold Canadian climate. I had the carbon done once at 135K km's - overblown issue with my car anyway. I haven't even done brakes. Oil change every 10K km's.

Best of luck with her in Cow Town. I will keep an eye out when I'm there on Monday!
Cheers,
So good to hear!! Thank you for the reply!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 AM
PoloTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering how much did it cost as I almost pulled the trigger on an S4.

Thanks

Originally Posted by LimeyBoy
It's my DD and I am a slow worker so I had my local indy do it. On S4 engine needs dropping for chain work so RS4 must be same. Mileage was 140K and cold starts I had a rattle that got worse over time.

RS4 (B7) has always seemed to have good reviews from all and I can imagine the engine is epic - for the RS4 (versus S4) I believe they tweaked the AWD % split (plus obvious changes to suspension) which improved on the S4 nose heavy feeling/handling. I also agree on styling - Audi have nailed it these past few years and the flared arches on RS4 are sweet - the OP has one mean looking car without it looking OTT.

New RS4 is available in UK with Avant body but no stick/manual option. USA gets manual option but no Avant.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PoloTurbo
Just wondering how much did it cost as I almost pulled the trigger on an S4.

Thanks
There are actually a number of RS4s coming up for sale on the Quattroworld site.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/rs4b7/

B8 S4 vs B7 RS4 is a matter of taste. I would rather have my RS4 any day over a B8 S4.https://rennlist.com/forums/editpost...ost&p=10051598
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Well I picked up the RS4 today!! What a great car. So similar to my B7 S4 yet so different!!! Motor is silky smooth yet too quiet in stock form. Might need an exhaust upgrade but I'll do that later. The DRC suspension actually feels amazing. The car corners incredibly flat and feels just right. So excited to drive the car more. Getting the window tint removed tomorroe, oil change and probably a carbon clean soon as its never had one and then just enjoy the **** out of it!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new toy Derek!!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ginch
Well I picked up the RS4 today!! What a great car. So similar to my B7 S4 yet so different!!! Motor is silky smooth yet too quiet in stock form. Might need an exhaust upgrade but I'll do that later. The DRC suspension actually feels amazing. The car corners incredibly flat and feels just right. So excited to drive the car more. Getting the window tint removed tomorroe, oil change and probably a carbon clean soon as its never had one and then just enjoy the **** out of it!!!
Congrats! Pics!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Ill snap a few pics once I get her cleaned up a bit!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Here are a few pics I took today!

Just had the window tint removed however have yet to give it a good detail! So far I'm loving it.

Derek

Quick Reply: OT: RS4