Sponsored by:

hazard lights used to flash when battery connected

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
CSL993HK
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hazard lights used to flash when battery connected

I have a 993C4 that is driven infrequently so I have installed a battery disconnect between the negative terminal and chassis. When I turn on the switch the hazard lights flash for some 30-60 seconds and then stop.

Recently I had some work done on the car and when it picked it up from the garage the air bag warning light would illuminate for 2 minutes. Of course they said that "we didnt do it and its common to all 993s anyway". I lived with this for several months and noted that when turning the battery on the hazard lights did not flash.

I was able to reset the light with a knockoff durametric I purchased (written about here https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...l#post10031141), so everything back to normal. Now however when I turn the battery on the hazard light does not flash.

Questions :
1. why did the hazard lights initially flash when battery power was applied? I presume this was intentional
2 is there an error I can clear or something else I can do to have this flashing return as before? maybe there are other codes to clear
3 this is more of a speculation, perhaps the lights do not return to flashing as before because I used a knockoff duratetric cable and an old software version (not version 5 or 6) when clearing the error?

Anyone seen this before generally with their car or after resetting the airbag light?

thanks in advance

Thanks

Last edited by CSL993HK; 11-29-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: more questions added
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 AM
CSL993HK
3rd Gear

So, no one out there in 993-land has seen activity this before when reconnecting the battery?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Rutger Gert-Jan
Advanced

Hi,

I think it has to do with your alarm, when I disconnect the battery and reconnect it the hazard lights will flash once and the sirene will bleep twice.
But then my car has the standard Porsche alarm + an extra after-market alarm (insurance).

Quick Reply: hazard lights used to flash when battery connected