FS: 1997 993 Targa

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLT
Hi everyone.

This is my first post as a full member on Rennlist. I've learned so much from many of you already in "lurking" mode the past few months.

Mike (mts) sold this absolutely stellar 993 Targa to me after I bugged him with a million emails and phone calls. I cannot thank him enough for his time and patience and always good humor. He is sad to let her go after doing so much amazing work on her, but when he has more garage space again I am absolutely sure he'll be back in a Porsche soon. From our interactions I can say first-hand that he is the epitome of a Porsche enthusiast.

This isn't my first Porsche, but I still consider myself a newbie. I had a 1966 912 in college and the 48 IDA Webers some overzealous person put on it drove me crazy trying to sync them, but that's it (and I'm still kicking myself for selling her!). So I'm coming back into the fold with a beautiful 993.

The car is on its way here via Plycar -- they have been awesome so far and we'll report more on their performance once the journey is complete. We're talking Lexington Kentucky to Bellingham Washington so not a short trip. And over the Christmas holiday!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning and seeing all your fine cars. Even as a lurker here the past few weeks I can see this is a fantastic and supportive community.

Cheers,

Brian aka BLT
Brian,

Congrats bro, I've been following this thread to see who would end up with what has to be one of the best-looking and properly sorted Targas out there. You will really enjoy 993 ownership and the RL'ers are an extremely knowledgeable and welcoming community.

Post pics when she arrives!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
BLT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the welcome VA993Dreamer. I'm still waiting for the Targa -- she's on a Plycar semi truck somewhere in California right now. The holidays extended her transit time. I'll be sure to report on progress.

BT
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Great buy, looks like your relatively close to a bunch of us north of you.

Enjoy!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM
BLT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

@ Knight: I've started to notice posts here from my neighbors to the north, and have been happy to see. Yes I'm just down in Bellingham. Have a NEXUS card and am up there often. Love to fly out of YVR for my work trips abroad. My parents were Canadian as are most of my relatives. I feel at home there. Hope to hook up with you folks sometime.

BT
Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great buy!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BLT
@ Knight: I've started to notice posts here from my neighbors to the north, and have been happy to see. Yes I'm just down in Bellingham. Have a NEXUS card and am up there often. Love to fly out of YVR for my work trips abroad. My parents were Canadian as are most of my relatives. I feel at home there. Hope to hook up with you folks sometime.

BT
Sounds good.

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 993 Targa