Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Dialed in...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never seen this hub stand alignment rack before. Looks very cool. Does it give better accuracy than placing the reflectors on the wheels?

Nurburger...Your car is stunning! I can't say I've ever seen better. I love the combo of those wheels with that centre colour on Arena, and the ducts and clear corners, and the shine on the paint...just wow!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrig
your car is GORGEOUS.....
Thank you - I love it.

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I helped out with the last hub stand alignment that was done to my car. Such a complex, yet relitively easy to set up and kinda simple to understand process. The magic is in the final numbers, and how every little tweek effects another.

Congrats Nick. Now your car drives as good as it looks!
Joe - hope all is well... I truly admire anyone who can figure this **** out. I'm in the design / business development field, so geometry, numbers & complex equations (other than budgets) are difficult for my pea brain to understand...

Originally Posted by nile13
Nick, I think they might have set the corner height with you in the car (right thing to do) but gave the numbers on the sheet without you. Essentially, you want RF+LR weight to be about equal to LF+RR. In your case there's about 176 lbs difference. Since you sit on the left side of the car slightly closer to the front wheel, some of this difference will work itself out due to your weight.
Mike,

Yes, the corner height was was set with me in the car on the hub stands.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
It's one thing to own this stuff, but understanding how it all works & what to do with it is another...

Back in the garage:
BRAVO
Car looks (and now steers great), and nice Alfa grille!

Craig
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

fun fun!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I was surprised by the differences in the corner (RF, LF, RR, LR) weights. Doesn't seem like something that would be balanced by 150-200 lb in the driver's seat. What's up with that?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, looks fantastic Nick

Glad you got it sorted out!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 AM
3healey
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting. I just got back from my second Porsche Palooza (Escape to the Ozarks). Last year, my car was stock USA ride height with worn out Konis and hard-as-marbles Bridgestones. I worked my *** off trying to keep up with everyone else, and scared the crap out of myself too many times. The car was a mess. Since then, I put on PSS10s, Walrod bushings, Sumi HTR Z3s, Tarret rear toe links and had Pat William racing set the ride height and corner balance. The difference is night and day. Even in torrential rain and high winds, the car was so solid and planted. These are truly amazing cars when they are set up correctly.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 140 Posts

Someone explain the hubmount/wheels off thing? I always see the equipment mounted to the wheel face.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Wow, looks fantastic Nick

Glad you got it sorted out!
Thanks Mark - hope all is well with you, the family & HP.

Originally Posted by 3healey
Interesting. I just got back from my second Porsche Palooza (Escape to the Ozarks). Last year, my car was stock USA ride height with worn out Konis and hard-as-marbles Bridgestones. I worked my *** off trying to keep up with everyone else, and scared the crap out of myself too many times. The car was a mess. Since then, I put on PSS10s, Walrod bushings, Sumi HTR Z3s, Tarret rear toe links and had Pat William racing set the ride height and corner balance. The difference is night and day. Even in torrential rain and high winds, the car was so solid and planted. These are truly amazing cars when they are set up correctly.
Grant - I am amazed how well the 993 reacts to a proper set up... Can't wait until this weekend - may be the last I have the tt out for a run with my locals.

Originally Posted by Cactus
Someone explain the hubmount/wheels off thing? I always see the equipment mounted to the wheel face.
Prickle - from what I gather, it all comes down to the ease of adjustability with the Hubstands. They were able to adjust ride height, toe, camber & whatever else they did without having to put the wheels on...

Have a look at this:
http://www.bbxracing.com/product_inf...products_id=69
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car & that shop is lusty.
Surprise to hear you didn't do alignment right after new PSS10 install.
What others said, it was night & day before and after...
Here in west coast, we have Darin at West End! One of best!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 140 Posts

Thanks Nick. I am going to do a fresh alignment one of these days.

Quick Reply: Dialed in...