993 Forum 1995-1998

Curious about Speedline wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
My 18in Speedlines are for SALE in the classified section.
About to sell my car to a friend who has his own.
That's a great looking wheel .. probably the closest you would get to an 18" Cup II look and 3-piece to boot. What's the Speedline model name for those?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those wheels are called Techart Daytona wheels that were manufactured by Speedline for them. It is a the next real Speedline designed wheel. jdorociak@gmail.com jim
Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jim dorociak
Those wheels are called Techart Daytona wheels that were manufactured by Speedline for them. It is a the next real Speedline designed wheel. jdorociak@gmail.com jim
Hey Jim! Thanks for the info .. what do you mean by 'the next "real" Speedline designed wheel?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

The Daytona wheel has a spoke design that is opposite of the 993 RS wheel. Instead of a depression down the center of the spoke it has a raised bump. It is designed to be slightly lighter than a 993RS cast aluminum center and in many way resembles the backside of the magnesium 993 RS center lock or the GT2 street magnesium centers. The Speedline Alessio wheels are very heavy (centers themselves) and were generic wheels Speedline designed and then drilled for other cars. These were on Ferrari, Aston Martin, BMW and a few Toyotas and can easily be identified by the elongated lug nut hole. jdorociak@gmail.com jim
Old 11-10-2012, 01:08 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Speedline 993 RS wheels are still available new. I just got in (4) a week ago for a custom build into GT2 specifications actually going to build them into 9.5 and 11.5" using the centers, bolts/nuts and (2) 6.5" inner rims everything else is being changed out with new parts. It just gets very expensive, but if you have the perfect car that is only missing the perfect set of wheels then guys come find me to build a set of Speedline wheels for them. jdorociak@gmail.com jim
Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
My 18in Speedlines are for SALE in the classified section.
About to sell my car to a friend who has his own.
LOVE these wheels... GLWS
Old 11-24-2016, 12:48 PM
agc8
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
My understanding from reading somewhere years ago is that there are actually two different "Speedline" wheel manufacturers (Can anyone confirm? One I think is called Speedline Corse but not sure of the other), and at least one of which manufacturers under their own brand. In addition, Speedline makes wheels for a number of manufacturers as well as some of the older OEM Porsche wheels. For example, the Gemballa Competition wheel is labeled "Speedline Corse" if I recall correctly.

IMHO the Supercup II would have been the best looking "RS Cup" type wheels if you were looking for a more modern look...18" with reverse lip

Hi David,

Are they still made today and are they the best choice. Lightest and strongest.

FIKSE doesn't offer their version but do still make a "for Porsche" wheel with the Porsche logo on the wheelhttp://www.fikse.com/wheels/specialty/

Quick Reply: Curious about Speedline wheels