Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spotted white and red 993 in melbourne..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spotted white and red 993 in melbourne..

I seen a white and a red 993, cruising down Lygon street tonight (Tuesday 6 November). Is it anyones here?
They both looked and sounded sweeeet.

Last edited by Paulyy; 11-11-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice avatar. You may want to define "hoon" and "hooning" for those here who don't speak Australian...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Thanks

Well there's a story behind the "professional hoon"
Pretty much i got picked at a car meet because i drive a "cool car" that would be classified as a "hoon car" by the public (who like to generalise 'P (probationary licence 18-22yrs or 4yrs before full licence) platers' who drive sports cars all hoons) to appear on the news with a bunch of real hoons to tell the public that we're not all hoons, but proper sensible drivers and that we don't like to be looked at as a hoon.
Unfortunately my lines i spoke didn't get put on, but at least they didn't make me look like an idiot, unlike the real hoons, they made them look like idiots.
I basically explained how we shouldn't get picked of for over engineered mods on out cars like larger brakes, fatter wheels / tyres and better suspension.
And that not ever P plater should be treated as a hoon. I explained how i get picked on because of my car (as they are not common) and how police will stop me every chance they get just to check out the car.
(the editor actually called me and said my part was to good to be shown on tv because i make the police look like the idiots and not the hoons)

A Hoon is well in Australians eyes, usually a P plater who doesn't obey the road rules, who does burnouts, illegal races, street drifting, speeding and all sorts of stupid $hit.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

No one?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Toto111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pauly

Hmmmm. Let me think. Tuesday night?

Don't think so.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Toto111
Instructor

You know a "Hoon" these days in Melbourne is anyone who exceeds the limit by 3KPH!!!!!!

The fact that you have a tricked up P-car and a P-plater gives lots of people stupid reason for for criticising.

We all know the deal and it sucks. You can do 100kph in a 35 year old 120Y and get pinged for 104 in a German engineered Porsche. Sucks.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toto111
Hey Pauly

Hmmmm. Let me think. Tuesday night?

Don't think so.
You know a "Hoon" these days in Melbourne is anyone who exceeds the limit by 3KPH!!!!!!

The fact that you have a tricked up P-car and a P-plater gives lots of people stupid reason for for criticising.

We all know the deal and it sucks. You can do 100kph in a 35 year old 120Y and get pinged for 104 in a German engineered Porsche. Sucks.
Do you drive yours much? your numberplates look familiar..

well i did find this in the MX...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Toto111
Instructor

She's certainly no garage queen Pauly. As much as the 993 is a weekender it covers a few kms in that time. Was out on Sunday with over 20 other P-cars and we did a 350km run. Drive a couple of times a week.

Interesting article. Unfortunately its all that one bad apple stuff, and I truly believe that there are certain groups that spoil it for the rest of us. Had enough of the Falcadores and Skylines always wanting to have a push, many of them, yes, P-platers.

Well Donuts, Burnouts and Drifting are certainly out of the equation for my car!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

She's certainly no garage queen Pauly. As much as the 993 is a weekender it covers a few kms in that time. Was out on Sunday with over 20 other P-cars and we did a 350km run. Drive a couple of times a week.

Interesting article. Unfortunately its all that one bad apple stuff, and I truly believe that there are certain groups that spoil it for the rest of us. Had enough of the Falcadores and Skylines always wanting to have a push, many of them, yes, P-platers.

Well Donuts, Burnouts and Drifting are certainly out of the equation for my car!!!
I did notice a few nicer P-cars down the dandy highway sunday..
This with the PCV?

I understand all except "cruising".. there is really nothing wrong with a group of nice cars going for a drive.
the difference when a bunch of holdens running on chopped springs ect cruising together.
Unfortunately that is true, every idiot want to run you (being a P-car owner) because it's a porsche and they do it for bragging rights (if they win)

When i bought it, i thought the police wouldn't look at me as it looks like a mature car.. guess not.
I get idiots trying to race me everywhere i go.

I also have a performance shop across the road from my engineering shop trying to work out whats done to it when they've got the chance to see it.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Theo,
You need to update your photo with a photo with spacers.........................

Neil
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Toto111
Instructor

Neil, that is the new photo?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you have the wheels turning a corner....................

Quick Reply: Spotted white and red 993 in melbourne..