Sure is pretty but I'd check it out pretty carefully before I put money on it:
<http://ebayitem.com/181005743410>

Christian
'95 Carrera
Old 10-28-2012 | 06:48 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is midnight, and there is iris. Search on my handle for them and I have pics posted for both. Both are nice, but very different. This looks iris to me. I've owned both.
Old 10-28-2012 | 07:01 PM
Gmund48
Advanced

Default Be careful

Originally Posted by JPS
There is midnight, and there is iris. Search on my handle for them and I have pics posted for both. Both are nice, but very different. This looks iris to me. I've owned both.

I would bet it to be Iris, Leakdown yes

But in reality with the condition and needs ( not including suspension links, Major service, Tires wheel resurfacing etc. this should be a $20K Car IMHO Paint is iffy by picture

She looks like she was rode pretty hard and put away with out
drying her off and seeing to her needs
Old 10-28-2012 | 07:13 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

L39C is Midnight Blue Metallic code, which this isn't. I can't stand seeing 993 wheels that are "curbed".
Old 10-28-2012 | 08:38 PM
JimPA
Racer

Per underhood codes pictured in the advert:
L39V = Iris blue
TT = Classic Gray Partial Leather interior.
Old 10-28-2012 | 09:40 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check engine light too. We know where that is headed....$20k max
Old 10-28-2012 | 11:46 PM
snakeyez
Intermediate

Hi everyone. I'm the one selling it. Will be glad to take it to show it to anyone that wants to see it. I listed all the areas that any buyer would be concerned with--it's alot more than what other 'top-sellers' on eBay will be willing to disclose. These are all just basic things IMHO though...
Thanks for the corrections.
Let's see where this one goes...

This is my first 993 and I'm just selling for the downpayment on our house. It was acquired at dealer auction about 2 months ago. Hoping to buy another 993 again some day if the opportunity arises!
Old 10-28-2012 | 11:50 PM
gaby1088
Instructor

this is definitely priced to sell imo
Old 10-28-2012 | 11:56 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Old 10-29-2012 | 12:40 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I love that color.
Old 10-29-2012 | 12:45 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Old 10-29-2012 | 05:23 AM
Gmund48
Advanced

Default A though

Thanks for identifying you are a dealer in used cars so I take it Auction price
18K if the info from the area is correct

Okay you are retailing a High mile car with needs if i was a perspective buyer
I would look at your posts which are telling that a car has some needs. It may pay to address the major issues and then sell. Karma is a funny thing

Thanks
OK. did a bunch of work recently and have been having trouble with idle, especially at warm up. Later on, sounds rough but doesn't randomly stall anymore. Cleaned ISV, checked all connections (esp vacuum hoses), but haven't done the "drive cycle" yet. here is a strange noise coming off throttle into idle after warmed up. Also, not sure if you can hear what may be a loose vacuum connection somewhere???? Not sure 100% what it should sound like since I only got the car over the Winter, but recently changed oil/filter, front/rear diff/all 3 belts (tension good today), MAF (changed back to original which was not broken PO included a spare), cleaned ISV, replaced goldenrod and added SSK, . Since work complete, idle rough at start up. Oil level maybe 1/2 quart high.

Also, not sure how to post a movie. It sounds like the car is trying to "clear it's throat". Maybe a little like Marge Simpson, when she's disappointed with Homer, "huhhmmmm" Thoughts appreciated. Will try "drive cycle" but a little unreasonable to never stop during that entire maneuver.

Your Post
Hi osusgasmon, did you ever get your problem sorted out? Reason I ask is that I am having the same problem on my 1996 993 C2. Also do you have any check engine light, or any other kinds of lights? ...

Originally Posted by snakeyez
Hi everyone. I'm the one selling it. Will be glad to take it to show it to anyone that wants to see it. I listed all the areas that any buyer would be concerned with--it's alot more than what other 'top-sellers' on eBay will be willing to disclose. These are all just basic things IMHO though...
Thanks for the corrections.
Let's see where this one goes...

This is my first 993 and I'm just selling for the downpayment on our house. It was acquired at dealer auction about 2 months ago. Hoping to buy another 993 again some day if the opportunity arises!
Old 10-29-2012 | 09:38 AM
snakeyez
Intermediate

Hi Gmund48... yes I am a dealer, and I'm also very much a Porsche enthusiast. Nothing wrong with either of those things. Vehicles purchased at dealer-only auctions is how inventory efficiently moves in our business--lease-returns, new car trades, walk-in sales....they all end up at auction. I paid waaaay more than 18k and can take it back to auction to get what I paid for it, and possibly more due to the seasonal increase in price from the upcoming tax season and weather related events. I have done the needful up to my budget to restore this vehicle, please PM a reasonable offer if interested.

I also plan on buying another 993 once I get my first house Out of all the cars I've purchased, I've enjoyed the 993s and the 964s the most!
Old 10-30-2012 | 06:39 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by snakeyez
I have done the needful up to my budget to restore this vehicle, please PM a reasonable offer if interested.
The ad says you changed the oil. What else have you done in terms of "restoration?"
Old 10-30-2012 | 10:59 AM
snakeyez
Intermediate

I'm sensing some negativity from some people and don't want to have it messing up my expensive eBay listing.... Will talk to anyone seriously interested about this car over the phone.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Midnight Iris