993 Forum 1995-1998

Midnight Iris

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Gmund48
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry if we are jaded

Sorry if we seem jaded, but you implied you had more than one 993 yet if we search your posts you don't seem like this car got a lot of attention. To be honest many see a lot of red flags that make someone think they would likely have to do at minimum a major service, likely a reseal and SAI port cleaning and distributer belt
Thats a chunk of change and there are cars out there that are 20-30 K that have more done and are in better shape. The community
looks out for its own and it may help to invest a few bucks in Membership.

I think you get it but you don't list many details about service or diagnostic work

I have a company that has Manheim and other access, as well as
3 other majors, I see the pricing on a regular basis.

I would really want someone to know what they are getting int0 with this

Your quote
"Out of all the cars I've purchased, I've enjoyed the 993s and the 964s the most!"

Originally Posted by snakeyez
I'm sensing some negativity from some people and don't want to have it messing up my expensive eBay listing.... Will talk to anyone seriously interested about this car over the phone.
Thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
snakeyez
Intermediate

Just became a member. I'm going to be Porsche-less soon, but hope to fix that again by the beginning of next year after I'm all settled up. A 'permanent' Porsche would be nice!

My experience on this one is just from keeping it the last few months, and that's usually how it works with just about every car I get from auction. Occasionally I'll get receipts, but in this case there were none and no owner's manual.

I'm hoping a Porsche expert comes out to buy it. I've gotten offers, but they are all from Germany, and just looking for someone local, or willing to go halves on a PPI so that they are satisfied with the purchase. If it doesn't sell, I'll end up taking it back to auction and allow the show carry on.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Gmund48
Advanced

Thumbs up Great move thanks for joining

Since I am in Germany
Germans are not a bad way to go, PM me bottom line and I will check with a couple of Germans and Americans in Germany
PPI is very important as Mobile 1 is $24 Euro a Litre in the EU.
makes an Oil change seem like a tax bill

The SAI is not as big a problem here, the cars are driven more sparingly but must meet some stringent TUV standards

I took my C2S out for 250 miles on the autobahn and average speed was 100MPH up to 165 and long stretches at the 130-140 MPH mark. there is a reason these cars must be inspected so often

Gmund48
C2S 98 33K miles
C2 Targa 96 everyday car 115K
C2 Cabrio 98 beauty for the Sunny days
Others from 58-07

Just became a member. I'm going to be Porsche-less soon, but hope to fix that again by the beginning of next year after I'm all settled up. A 'permanent' Porsche would be nice!

My experience on this one is just from keeping it the last few months, and that's usually how it works with just about every car I get from auction. Occasionally I'll get receipts, but in this case there were none and no owner's manual.

I'm hoping a Porsche expert comes out to buy it. I've gotten offers, but they are all from Germany, and just looking for someone local, or willing to go halves on a PPI so that they are satisfied with the purchase. If it doesn't sell, I'll end up taking it back to auction and allow the show carry on.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This looks an awful lot like a car that was for sale at a dealership in Northern CA for a while earlier this year. It would be consistent with the fact that it ended up at a dealer auction a few months ago
An RL'er had it checked out by S-Car-Go (I think) and they decided to pass on it - rough paint, etc. Maybe that RL'r can chime in if it's the same one and provide more info -- if someone here is seriously considering it you may want to run a search on here for that thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
snakeyez
Intermediate

More than willing to have someone come and "RennFax" it for those who are interested. I'm in the Sugar Land (SW Houston TX) area. Car shows no history of being in California according to Carfax. Seems like it spent most of it's life in Katy, TX. Isn't that Opo's area?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More than willing to have someone come and "RennFax" it for those who are interested. I'm in the Sugar Land (SW Houston TX) area. Car shows no history of being in California according to Carfax. Seems like it spent most of it's life in Katy, TX. Isn't that Opo's area?
Might not be the same car. I certainly don't want to start any false rumors.
GLWS

Quick Reply: Midnight Iris