Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member - First 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! Beautiful 993, love the wheels!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
aarrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Regarding the wheels, I've been really lusting after these Rotiforms. A unique take on the Porsche twists IMO. I'd love gunmetal with a polished lip.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Mike M.
Instructor

Welcome to the fold. I'd say if you're in Norcal Central Valley, the folks at FD Motorsports should be somewhat in that neck of the woods. Keep in mind that whole notion about "slippery slope" when it comes to Porsche mods and your wallet. Looking at your past ride, I would also throw in an RS flywheel/clutch for future wish list as well.

BTW, like the DPE's.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
JLUinAZ
Advanced

Sweet ride. Welcome and congrats!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
RealPolItiK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

aarrow, here's a p-shop with them on my car. I really love the five-spoke twist style too, but I'm still on the fence with these Rotiforms. Having said that, I'm a HUGE fan of Hartmann 3 piece twists but they are very hard to come by.

Originally Posted by aarrow
Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Regarding the wheels, I've been really lusting after these Rotiforms. A unique take on the Porsche twists IMO. I'd love gunmetal with a polished lip.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Sagres74
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats, man! Very nice specimen!
I've had mine for a short 3 months and am constantly looking for the next upgrade. With that said, are the "old" turbo wheels 17" or 18"? If 17", any interest in selling? Gotta ask
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM
aarrow
Instructor

Originally Posted by RealPolItiK
aarrow, here's a p-shop with them on my car. I really love the five-spoke twist style too, but I'm still on the fence with these Rotiforms. Having said that, I'm a HUGE fan of Hartmann 3 piece twists but they are very hard to come by.
Wow!! They would look amazing on your SY!! White face with a polish lip has never looked so clean!!

Originally Posted by Sagres74
Congrats, man! Very nice specimen!
I've had mine for a short 3 months and am constantly looking for the next upgrade. With that said, are the "old" turbo wheels 17" or 18"? If 17", any interest in selling? Gotta ask
Sorry, they are the 18" hollow spokes. I always see them for sale on Craigslist though. And those would probably be in much better condition than these -lots of road rash on the lips.

Originally Posted by Mike M.
Welcome to the fold. I'd say if you're in Norcal Central Valley, the folks at FD Motorsports should be somewhat in that neck of the woods. Keep in mind that whole notion about "slippery slope" when it comes to Porsche mods and your wallet. Looking at your past ride, I would also throw in an RS flywheel/clutch for future wish list as well.

BTW, like the DPE's.
Thank you! The Miata had 8 years worth of mods put into it - slippery slope for sure!! Thankfully (not really, as I'd like to get them done sooner than later) mods for the 993 are no where near as affordable, so I'm still at the crest of the hill looking over the edge.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts

Great choice in cars.... You have good taste....

Quick Reply: New Member - First 993