Sponsored by:

Alternative for Facto AT30 degreaser?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:53 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
I spoke to two people at Swish head quarters in VT, and they tell me they will only ship in the New England area. When I asked who would distribute out to CA, they both told me they did not know anyone.

Marc
Talk to Swish Canada, the manufacturers of the product. Tell them that Swish USA won't ship to you. They shipped to Chicago and a few others in the past. What is the big deal?
Old 01-27-2017, 01:48 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Talk to Swish Canada, the manufacturers of the product. Tell them that Swish USA won't ship to you. They shipped to Chicago and a few others in the past. What is the big deal?
I already did. They didn't know what to do for me. But they gave me a number of another US distributor who "may" be able to help but still has not called me back.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:15 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Try business to business shipping? I think this is how I got my order through the system
Old 01-31-2017, 06:07 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Okay. It took about a week and a little bit of phone tag with several people. I finally found someone at SWISH USA who will ship me the stuff --- Facto AT30.

But they tell me it's $119 for a 5 gallon pail with $45 to ship to me in southern CA.

So then I ask myself (and anyone on RL) "is it really worth it?"

We're mostly cleaning engine parts, and possibly undercarriage / engine bay of Porsche's here at a friend's shop. He uses a hot-wash water-based parts washer for smaller things that come off. But when wanting to clean an engine case and gearbox where they either don't fit or don't want to get in trouble with hi-pressure water, I thought we'd try a water-based degreaser like Facto-AT30.

Also wondering how long 5 gallons will last. Maybe I don't need to use full strength most of the time.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:11 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

But they tell me it's $119 for a 5 gallon pail with $45 to ship to me in southern CA.
They are ripping you off. I pay half that in the US which is why I buy it there and not up here. Go figure, made up here and it is cheaper for me down there.

You can dilute it down as far as 1:200 according to their info sheet. But I use it straight.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:36 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IXLR8
They are ripping you off. I pay half that in the US which is why I buy it there and not up here. Go figure, made up here and it is cheaper for me down there.

You can dilute it down as far as 1:200 according to their info sheet. But I use it straight.
I got a call back from some girl named Erin from SWISH USA from Vermont with this price.

WTF??? Where did you buy it in US? Maybe I can have it shipped from there. I also saw that someone in Texas got it for half of what they quoted me. Albeit 4 years ago, but that's a crazy markup.

This doesn't make sense to purchase this way. I don't want to be too cheap here, but we're looking for a nice water-based cleaner for lot a clean-up work on these aluminum blocks when we can't pressure wash so easily. I just can't justify it at this price.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

WTF??? Where did you buy it in US? Maybe I can have it shipped from there.
I pick mine up at their Macy, NY store. With the US dollar in your favor it should cost a lot less.

And there is a Harbor Freight just down the road.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

UPDATING THREAD
It appears Swish AT 30 is no longer available?
https://www.swishestore.com/swish-fa...te-3-78-l.html

The website offers HD40 Citrus Degreaser
Would anyone be willing to confirm same product?
Any change in formula ?
Same good or different results?

Looking to rebush some control arms n ideally use a pressure washer first but wondering if safe for the rubber bushings, and second if possible on the underbelly.
Thanks TJ
Old 08-20-2019, 10:09 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TJ993
UPDATING THREAD
It appears Swish AT 30 is no longer available?
https://www.swishestore.com/swish-fa...te-3-78-l.html

Thanks TJ
I just called my local Swish store and it is available.

You might have to call your local store. The US stores get it from Swish Canada and they usually order it in for me.

Quick Reply: Alternative for Facto AT30 degreaser?