Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone have an "egg carton" vacuum reservoirs sitting around?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Anyone have an "egg carton" vacuum reservoirs sitting around?

I am trying to figure out some weird vacuum issues and non-functioning VRAM and one of the things I have narrowed it down to could be the vacuum canister in the wheel well. They are special order from Pelican so I am seeing if anyone has one laying around you wouldn't mind shipping to me to see if that is infact my issue. Ill pay shipping both ways....if it turns out to be the issue and you don't mind selling, we can work out a price or something.

Odd request I know....just trying to keep from order a special order part if I really don't need it! TIA
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone was parting out a 993 not too long ago in the classifieds and had the egg crate available when I looked, check there.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If there are actuation issues with the VRAM, one might check out the T-connector.

If it has not suffered a prolapse, then - do the actuators operate correctly when the key is first turned to the 'run' position?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts

Took out my fender liner and checked the reservoir and it was fine with no cracks. Hose going to it appeared fine as well. I am now convinced its the check valve, so I ordered one of those. TT connector has the stint

Garth - the actuators operate correctly when the ignition is turned on; however, they only work once or twice and then the vacuum is depleted. Someone said they should active 5-10 times so I have to have a leak somewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have an "egg carton" vacuum reservoirs sitting around?