Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added Techron Concentrate Today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i put 20 gal treatment of techron before rennlist drives. which typically burn through an entire tank or more. i find no difference in any aspect of the engine's operation.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts

[QUOTE=EMBPilot;9885147. i find no difference in any aspect of the engine's operation.[/QUOTE]

Like you and several others, I find no difference in my cars' performance after using Techron. On the other hand, I haven't added the Techron for the last 20 years to correct a problem; just to help prevent one. I think it's not too much of a stretch to say that board members here use high quality gas, change their oil frequently, get their cars up to operating temperature on a regular basis, and keep the car tuned up with the correct plugs. All these items help prevent any buildup. I use the Techron as the last part of the equation to clean the injectors and valves of anything that slips past the other regiment. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if I did see any significant change in performance; that would mean I did something else wrong.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ LIKE ^^^
Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I've heard and read good things about BG-44 fuel system cleaner.
my $.02
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I've used Techron in different vehicles for years. In my vintage MB after storing over the winter, I had to add 1 bottle for each fill up twice, only then would it idle smoothly. In my 993, I didn't notice any difference, so I never used it again.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,572 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Techron is a detergent additive that is part of certain brands of gas right out of the pump. My understanding is that it is a preferred detergent additive as the alternatives can leave detergent caused deposits in the engine if the concentrations are too high in the fuel. I run two consecutive tanks of gas with the addition of Techron once a year. I believe it helps keep the injectors clean. I have no quantitative analysis to back this up.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:51 PM
hchc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised ventil sauber has not been mentioned in this thread yet
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Resident Sicko
I used a bottle after throwing a cel (thinking it was the SAI ports). After resetting, no more check engine light and car does seem to run better. Will proceed with using a bottle every third fill up.
It has been said that if you run a concentrated tankful and really run the engine hard during those miles that you can clear the SAI, at least for a while until the valve guides do their magic again.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by ABCar
It has been said that if you run a concentrated tankful and really run the engine hard during those miles that you can clear the SAI, at least for a while until the valve guides do their magic again.
who said this?

In many cases, putting BG44 or other powerful dissolvers directly into the SAI port, applying compressed air, and rummaging through there with fishing line is still not enough to clear these things.

I'd love to see some factual evidence of a bit of fuel injector cleaner and a hard drive is clearing these ports.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

qc I have none and there is none. In fact, I have tried it with no success so it is only an urban legend.
Nothing like real valve guides and a a fresh or even (ABSENTEE) SAI,

I still like to use Sea Foam or Techron a couple of times per year.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
who said this?

In many cases, putting BG44 or other powerful dissolvers directly into the SAI port, applying compressed air, and rummaging through there with fishing line is still not enough to clear these things.

I'd love to see some factual evidence of a bit of fuel injector cleaner and a hard drive is clearing these ports.
Yeah, I dont think anyone on this board believes that any injector cleaner will clear blocked SAI ports; but maybe, just maybe, it may help prevent buildup and eventual blockage.

If there were any documented reliable data to prove that an established regimental use of a specific injection cleaner would prevent SAI blockage, then IMHO it may be a worthwhile product to purchase.

Otherwise, maybe its just a marketing placebo by the Co's that sell such products; and rake in significant profits on a "snake oil" that costs very little to formulate.

I often times wonder if any of the companies that sell this stuff, have done testing to prove that the product is NOT detrimental to any seals in fuel systems, prior to marketing such products? The claims are endless; the proof is alltogether another story.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Interesting video

http://video.oreillyauto.com/v/26558...-fuel-chevron/

Quick Reply: Added Techron Concentrate Today!