Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:51 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Group buy?
+1
The Stage II's alone would be on my wish list.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK..... I think the sport cats would be the perfect addition to my wide body project....... We doing a group buy ?

Emerald
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Z-nomore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
+1
The Stage II's alone would be on my wish list.
Me too! I have been meaning to order Stage II's for a few weeks and have just been too busy and out of town. I'm ready NOW!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I received verification that my new Sport Cat will be here Wednesday!!! Darin sent me these pics. It is titanium coated like my Stage 2's. If it ends up bieng too loud for me, the Stage 2's will be for sale and replace them with the old school Stage 1's. Should be good as is hopefully. Also, with 78k miles on my car Im sure a new cat will make a dif. Thanks FD dudes!!
Cant wait to get these and the SSK and GR on this weekend!!

Attached Images   
Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
I received verification that my new Sport Cat will be here Wednesday!!! Darin sent me these pics. It is titanium coated like my Stage 2's. If it ends up bieng too loud for me, the Stage 2's will be for sale and replace them with the old school Stage 1's. Should be good as is hopefully. Also, with 78k miles on my car Im sure a new cat will make a dif. Thanks FD dudes!!
Cant wait to get these and the SSK and GR on this weekend!!

Will you Dyno? Is there any weight to be saved (ie, a heat shield to delete or the like) when doing the coating like with the mufflers?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I received the cats and put them on yesterday with the stage 2's. Install went perfectly (except I had to run to the store to get new stainless hardware since everything is so pretty) and took maybe an hour and a half at a leisurly pace. My impressions:
#1: Quality and installation= Amazing quality and the installation isnt bad if you are a mechanical person.
#2: Sound= Compared to the stage 2 it is considrably louder. It idle is sounds great. At redline it gets loud....REAL loud if in the garage Wife and kids approve. Not sure if neighbors will. May sell stage 2's and go to old school LPPM mod. Still on fence.
#3: Performance= My stock cat has 80k on it. With these there is DEFINATELY an increase in power mid range up. I am not going to dyno it because its my street car and dont really care. Plus the low number would make me start looking for a white tt. I will say that there certainly more power.
I will take some pictures when I have chance. Once again, Thanks FD!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
I received the cats and put them on yesterday with the stage 2's. Install went perfectly (except I had to run to the store to get new stainless hardware since everything is so pretty) and took maybe an hour and a half at a leisurly pace. My impressions:
#1: Quality and installation= Amazing quality and the installation isnt bad if you are a mechanical person.
#2: Sound= Compared to the stage 2 it is considrably louder. It idle is sounds great. At redline it gets loud....REAL loud if in the garage Wife and kids approve. Not sure if neighbors will. May sell stage 2's and go to old school LPPM mod. Still on fence.
#3: Performance= My stock cat has 80k on it. With these there is DEFINATELY an increase in power mid range up. I am not going to dyno it because its my street car and dont really care. Plus the low number would make me start looking for a white tt. I will say that there certainly more power.
I will take some pictures when I have chance. Once again, Thanks FD!
Have you heard stage III with stock cats? If so, is your new setup comparable? Any perceptible torque losses in lower revs? I understand your reasoning for not dynoing.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Any perceptible torque losses in lower revs? I understand your reasoning for not dynoing.
I too would like some feedback on this. The StgIII/sportcat combo seemed to stumble from a standstill as if the there was a power dip at low revs. May not be as noticeable with the StgII's, but can you compare the standing start between the two setup's ie StgII/OEM cats and StgII/FD sportcats.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Have you heard stage III with stock cats? If so, is your new setup comparable? Any perceptible torque losses in lower revs? I understand your reasoning for not dynoing.
Sport cats with Stage II is actually louder than stock cats and Stage III.

Stage III w/stock cat.: Idle: 75.1 db, @4500 rpm : 99.1 db
Stage II w/sport cats.: Idle: 76.5 db, @4500 rpm: 100.1 db

I too would like some feedback on this. The StgIII/sportcat combo seemed to stumble from a standstill as if the there was a power dip at low revs. May not be as noticeable with the StgII's, but can you compare the standing start between the two setup's ie StgII/OEM cats and StgII/FD sportcats.
LOL. That was the driver. I had MarkD drive while I video taped it, and he wasn't used to my rs clutch/lwf (since he's been driving his GT3) so on the initial pull away, it wasn't all that smooth
The car pulled nice and hard with both combos, but the Stage III with sport cats is VERY LOUD! Probably too loud for a street car.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darin's mother wouldn't let him make noise when he was young...

Very nice work indeed!

Bob-
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
Darin's mother wouldn't let me make noise when he was young...

Very nice work indeed!

Bob-
I actually grew up with a father who built hot rods and motorcycles. He's the one that helped mold my fabrication skills (if I can learn to do half of what he does, I'll be happy.) I had a quarter midget and a mini bike at 4 years old, with a dirt oval in my backyard. My parents were only 18 when they had me, so my dad was still a kid. Loud cars and bikes were a big part of my childhood
Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

What about this group buy then?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBen
What about this group buy then?
Good question. I'll even forgive that amateur-hour standing start stumble....
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

In for the LPMM/Sport Cat sound numbers.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. I'll even forgive that amateur-hour standing start stumble....
ouch!

I knew it would come to this... told Darin I wanted a do-over

The 993 clutch feel is much lighter than the GT3
I literally got in Darin's car and went.
I was trying to be nice to his car.

Enough excuses?
Wait, one more...

"I WAS IN THE POOL!"

Quick Reply: FDM sport cat videos