993 Forum 1995-1998

Turbo Twist for NB

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 01:59 PM
ctilly
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for confirming, guys 👍🏼

@2RedPorsche I’m so intrigued by the “feel” factor having very little experience in this area. My trucks have always driven like trucks, and my p-car drives quite a bit differently than the Prius which preceded it 😏

But I’ve never driven it with anything other than the stock 17” Cup IIs, which I’ve read people like the “feel” of and I find the overall ride (stock C2 with Bilstein shocks).

I’ve got some reading to do in the area and hopefully, have a chance to try out.

Any guidance you can share on what to expect ride/feel wise with 993 factory TTT (8/52 up front, 10/65 on back) vs the Cup IIs would be very welcome and appreciated : )

cheers,
Chancey
Old 04-05-2021, 08:14 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Ride Quality

Originally Posted by ctilly

@2RedPorsche I’m so intrigued by the “feel” factor having very little experience in this area. My trucks have always driven like trucks, and my p-car drives quite a bit differently than the Prius which preceded it 😏

But I’ve never driven it with anything other than the stock 17” Cup IIs, which I’ve read people like the “feel” of and I find the overall ride (stock C2 with Bilstein shocks).

I’ve got some reading to do in the area and hopefully, have a chance to try out.

Any guidance you can share on what to expect ride/feel wise with 993 factory TTT (8/52 up front, 10/65 on back) vs the Cup IIs would be very welcome and appreciated : )

cheers,
Chancey
Mine came with 17" Cup II wheels (light and strong) and I changed out to MY02 and also 993 hollow spoke wheels. The ride quality with the 17" was much better than the 18" wheels. I'd lower the car and stay with the 17" wheels if I did it over again.
The following users liked this post:
ctilly (04-05-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 11:10 AM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ctilly

cheers,
Chancey
I am in the opposite situation to you and have never driven the car with anything but 18" wheels. The car originally had 17" but prior to delivery to Canada from the US I sourced 18" twists and had them shipped to NY where the car was. They were installed on the car and it crossed the border and I never switched back. The 18s had new tires and the 17s had quite old tires.
I've since switched it up again and currently have 18" RUF wheels on the car.
I don't find the ride to be uncomfortable at all and have never regretted putting 18" wheels on the car but given I've never ridden on 17s I can't compare the two sizes on a 993.
However I can tell you that I also have a 986 Boxster that I used for quite a while on 17s before changing to 18s and I found no negative impact to making that decision and would do it again in a heartbeat. I know it's a very different car but I'm sure some similarities apply between the two.
Hope this helps you with your decision.

Quick Reply: Turbo Twist for NB