Sponsored by:

It's that time of year when I consider selling my 993

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by JM993
Now now Oliver. I get you point just fine. It's just that, as typical for you, it has no value. Just a bunch of blather from someone who has nothing else to do. Wishful thinking, but perhaps one day you'll decide to ceasing trolling this site and contribute something meaningful.
what would you like? DIY write ups? Technical discussion? Speculation on prices of dog**** brown 993 4s? About 90% of the posts in this forum don't have any real value because its just everybodies opinion on a lot of nonsense. We are just shooting the ****.

This whole "he/she doesn't GET it" is stupid, because just like they may not get the 993 thing, maybe the 993 owner doesn't GET why someone wants a newer faster car.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
...Why is he mad to sell it? Did all of them fall of the face of the planet? There are thousands of these cars out there, and there will always be another nice one to buy if he truly misses it. Why not try out a superior car in the R8 for a while.

Your downplaying his "pita" and telling him to get over it is silly. Its not a family member...its a stupid piece of metal...get some perspective...
What I said WAS with perceptive. You can read about it below in "Bubba B's response.
You saying it's a stupid piece of metal lacks perspective. Sure, anything to someone can be stupid but certain things in life can make even the silliest, non living things "special" to someone.
For example owning something for a real long time, especially something that you've wanted for long time etc.
I own this Austin pedal car that is in bad shape and when I looked on-line, I could buy one that's in great shape for about $10K but guess what?
I've owned that car since I was 4 or 5 (I'm 43), it has a special place in my life and there's no way I will ever sell it.
That's the perspective where my response was coming from with B-Line's question regarding selling/not selling his 993.
I hope you realize there are different perspectives to things than what yours is.

Originally Posted by B-Line
Me and Petu go back a long way. He is one of the few Rennlisters here who remember the smiles we shared when we both landed our 993's in 2001/2002.

His comment that I'd be "mad to sell it" I'm sure is only a reflection of how "mad happy I was when I got it." Seeing as he remembers those events some decade ago and recognizes the fact that I still have it.

He's not reacting toward it as a family member and he knows it's a stupid piece of metal.. But he also has a perspective, which is the perspective of having traveled 10+ years down this road with me and knowing the affinity I've always had for the car.
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
well i guess there is something to that, but things are always great when you first get them. After a while, you want to try something new. After 10+ years, why not move on. You only go around once, try out whatever you can. There will always be another 993.
Again, this is how you think of things (want to try something new).
Nothing wrong with that same way there is nothing wrong with holding on to things for long time.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
...Does anyone remember JimBobJumpback calling B-Line "Bubba B-Line"? I do and got a kick out of it.
I do! He was great, would put people in their places similar way Ray did but with weird hillbilly accent!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Seeing where this thread is starting to go, my response, which was the first response on this thread, to either sell the car or don't and just delete this thread, is starting to look more and more like the right call

I had a feeling this would happen LOL
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
plymouthcolt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try the R8. If you get bored with it you can just buy another 993. Life is short. Explore all avenues.

Quick Reply: It's that time of year when I consider selling my 993