Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TPC Supercharger - Unichip system on the newer kits

Fellow TPC supercharger users...

Has anyone upgraded their old Split Second system with the 7th injector to the newer Unichip system with the 7th and 8th injector setup?

My Split Second system is dying or has died and needs to be replaced. A fellow rennlister has offered to send me his unused Unichip system with the injectors (Thank you Ken).

Does anyone have instructions on swapping it out? Has anyone done this before? My independent is trying to estimate labor and was hoping some instructions were available? We already know that we have to plug the 7th injector mounted on the throttle body, install the 7th/8th injectors on the intake manifold, and wire the Unichip system by the ECU under the seat.

TPC is useless at this point because I'm obviously not buying it from them . Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I should have a Split Second control box floating around if you want one.

I completely gave up trying to work with the TPC / Unichip product due to licencing issues. TPC could not/would not provide access to the maps and I found that their shop mapping was not accurate enough for UK cars/fuel. Could not get info, could not get help from Unichip, could not get help from Unichip dealers, could not buy mapping software, could not get dongle to operate software, the list goes on. In the end my decision to dump a product to which we had heavily invested heavily time and effort still does not sit comfortably with me but at least I'm no longer supplying kits that I cannot tune. Be warned.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks NineMeister.

Apparently the PO of the Unichip system (who incidentally was in the UK) already did a lot of extensive mapping with the Unichip system and is ready to plug in (I'd still have to mount the 7th and 8th injectors which are included and plug the old 7th injector mount)

I just need some instructions on installation. I'm not a big fan of this setup either but I'm getting the Unichip system practically for free + labor for installation which makes it appealing at this point.

I'd prefer to go the Protomotive route with bigger injectors and reflashing the ECU but thats about $2K for parts + labor. I may have to go that route but I wanted to give this a shot first.

If I replace the original Split Second box (free or not), I'll have to remap the fuel settings and I don't want to go through that nightmare again.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger - Unichip system on the newer kits