Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with this private dealer in Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Default Interesting car

Interesting car. If it is not a true GT2 I wonder how the wheel wells were adjusted so the rubber clears the original inner fender. If spacers were added I wonder how the car handles with the aftermarket wheels and tires. With turbos it is important to know what was done to service the car and at what odometer reading. This will lead you to what major things the car will likely need during your tenure.
Struts?
Clutch?
Synchros?
other?
Outside of this I would verify the body modifications were done well and the car has not been wrecked beyond simple bumper cover scuffs.
Who the dealer is is not relevant as even with the best of intension's the dealer likely does not have relevant info as to mechanical condition needed to assist you in making a buy decision.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 AM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks pp000830. It is not a real GT2 & was done by 2 other rennlisters

Purportedly the engine cutch stuff is relatively new

If a rennfax ends up happening then maybe he'll have time to drive it & see what the spacers & wheel/tire combo has resulted in

Based on y'all's input I've also begun poking around online looking for bone stock turbos. Pricey
Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Seems like the sellers of this car seem to mislead and lie to potential buyers that show a lot of interest in their car like some skinny bald ******* in Maryland selling a TPC Cayman did a few months ago. That car is up for sale again in FL by the way.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 AM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Hmmmm....

've invited Dr. Chill to give me a call on my mobile and discuss whatever his concerns might be so he can articulate them over the phone directly. I've never sold a car without an independent PPI by a mechanic of the buyer's choosing.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Why would I want to talk to you now? How can I call you anyway since you never offered me your mobile number, even while I was trying to buy your car and offered to send you a deposit. You don't even allow pm's here on the forum. You took two days to respond to my emails, refused to let me look at your car when I flew up to Washington, and lied to me saying it had some smoking issue that TPC wanted to address, but when I spoke with Tom at TPC, he denied seeing your car for over 6 months and that the smoking issue was present since day 1. I called your bluff after you told me you were taking the car off the market to probably put in a 3.8 motor. All you needed to say was you had another buyer and the car was sold, not make up some BS stories to string me along. Honesty is the best policy. Go ahead and try to dispute anything I said, because I will just post the string of emails proving me to be 100% truthful.

I should probably thank you anyway since John, the guy in north FL who bought the car is selling it 4 months later. It's advertised on planet-9.

Please don't delete this thread or ask the mods to do so. It would give me pleasure to start a new one on my own on multiple forums. If you leave it alone, you won't hear another word from me.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 281 Posts

^ Interesting twist to this thread.... Yet more drama.

Regarding the original topic, I spoke to the rennlister who did the conversion after he sold it on ebay & the car reappeared for sale - apparently it had been involved in a significant accident, which is why he sold so cheaply. I guess if the rebuild/conversion was done to a high level, it shouldn't matter - so long as the asking price reflects.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 252 Posts

wow...zforum is slowly turning into drama land central....
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Dr. Chill

My name is Michael Summers. My mobile phone number is 240.506.6049. I accept all PMs. I've sold three Porsches in my life, 2 caymans, and a 997S. All three were picked up personally, test driven, and PPI'd.

All three got all receipts, and contact with anyone who had worked on them. The one modified car was a disaster to own which I clearly explained, and the buyer, who works for Brumos Porsche (and knows more about p-cars than either of us) convinced me not to do the 3.8 because he explained he know how to resolve the problem. He got a ridiculous deal and was very happy.

You are welcome to call me and we can discuss.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Why would I want to talk to you now?....
So, essentially - you just hijacked this thread to publicly "dump" on the OP?? Now - that's "classy"...

You have an offer to call the gentleman, which - frankly - is a far more professional attitude then you have exemplified. I'd urge you to take him on with his professional offer - rather than try to "blackmail" him using this or any other forum (...Please don't delete this thread or ask the mods to do so. It would give me pleasure to start a new one on my own on multiple forums. If you leave it alone, you won't hear another word from me...)

That as an aside - I can and will tell you, and a number of folks here that seem to feel free to hijack threads - I'm getting really sick and tired of it... This site - and this forum - used to be a lot different.. I, for one - would like to get it back to what it was - rather than what it appears to have become more recently.

Have a nice day,

John D.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

+993 Rennlist is getting more childish daily. If I want childish Ill go to bimmerforums or the 996 forum Sorry. Joke.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
So, essentially - you just hijacked this thread to publicly "dump" on the OP?? Now - that's "classy"...

You have an offer to call the gentleman, which - frankly - is a far more professional attitude then you have exemplified. I'd urge you to take him on with his professional offer - rather than try to "blackmail" him using this or any other forum (...Please don't delete this thread or ask the mods to do so. It would give me pleasure to start a new one on my own on multiple forums. If you leave it alone, you won't hear another word from me...)

That as an aside - I can and will tell you, and a number of folks here that seem to feel free to hijack threads - I'm getting really sick and tired of it... This site - and this forum - used to be a lot different.. I, for one - would like to get it back to what it was - rather than what it appears to have become more recently.

Have a nice day,

John D.
I've said my piece, and I'm done hijacking. He comes across as a standup guy. To bad he didn't treat me as one. For some reason, my money wasn't good enough when it came to buying his car. Peace out.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Default someone looked at the original 993 of this post...

if the person who went to Solon, Ohio liked the 993 would you let me know?

although I still haven't heard from you Dr. Chill my offer to talk on the phone is real. your post concerned me so I contacted the gentleman who bought the modded Cayman. He loves it and says it's been perfect for him (keep in mind he's significantly more mechanically gifted than yours truly). He's letting it go because it doesn't qualify (because it's modified) for his p-car dealership's program that offers monthly incentive for driving a p-car. happy to put you in touch with him if you'd like. he's a great guy. has owned over 100 porsches. amazing.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skinnywhite
if the person who went to Solon, Ohio liked the 993 would you let me know?

although I still haven't heard from you Dr. Chill my offer to talk on the phone is real. your post concerned me so I contacted the gentleman who bought the modded Cayman. He loves it and says it's been perfect for him (keep in mind he's significantly more mechanically gifted than yours truly). He's letting it go because it doesn't qualify (because it's modified) for his p-car dealership's program that offers monthly incentive for driving a p-car. happy to put you in touch with him if you'd like. he's a great guy. has owned over 100 porsches. amazing.
Now that you are being up front, how about shooting me a pm giving me the lowdown why this modified car was a disaster as you say and why you were "protecting" me by not allowing me to buy it. I had already contacted the seller and plan on going to see it and would love to hear the real story beforehand. Maybe I should really be thanking you instead of hijacking this thread.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Mike,

I really enjoyed our conversation this evening - thank you! As I mentioned both in public above, and to you personally on the phone this evening, I appreciate your professionalism in this thread.

"DR Chill" - or whatever the hell your name is - stop asking for a PM from Mike. Pick up the phone, be a gentleman and actually tuck your ego-concentric narcissist attitude away. And maybe - if you do - you might actually figure out what this site is about.

Have a nice evening - and agin, Mike - thank you!

John D.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with this private dealer in Ohio?