Sponsored by:

An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default We're not so bad...

..well maybe we are. But I found Ryan's post to be refreshing. I hope his attempt to reach out to the 993 Board are fruitful.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:11 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Looking forward to posts from JPP here....,,,,, LOL
Meh ... ancient history ... and I certainly didn't pay for it, although I did pay 9m to "Repair IT!" Fact is, f it weren't for BHP, I wouldn't be driving a 9m93 Speedster S today so actually I should be thanking them Besides, I'd bet Ryan wasn't even old enough to work in 1998 :-)
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
No offense, but this is the 993 tech forum. It does seem to me that this should be done via PM, email or Phone. We don't have to be an online society all of the time.

I see that BH Porsche is a basic sponsor, but I, for one, don't look forward to seeing ads for new (or used) cars here. It is customary for sponsors to post up periodic specials, and I think that our sponsors respect this right, and don't over do it. At the same time, I do pay for membership here, so I don't get bombarded with ads. If this does turn into a totally free site, then I suppose I can expect to see ads, pop-ups, etc.

Ryan-please note, I don't pressume you intend to do any of the above. You've been on the boards for some time. I'm simply making a comment, mostly due to the inquiry on discounts and inventory.
Quoting from Ryan's introductory paragraph: "While the primary reason for our sponsorship is to sell cars, I’m looking forward to doing more than just that. "

I think it is perfectly fair to ask him about discounts, and how he is going to do business, that is the name of his game if he is to add value to the sale and rise above a Buick salesman.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Out of what?

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
But, you can't spell. So, you're out.
Tell me something I don't already know.I know I have a sixth grade spelling and grammar level.What's your point? I still make enough of a living to own,maintain and modify five Porsche's.I was told by Bonni the Bonster that these kind of attacks would not be tolerated any more. I think she called it bullying. Where are the mods now?Playing want-a-be race car driver?

Last edited by 77'3.6vram; 08-12-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Mr.Ed you are a hypocrite.Your insult should have been in a PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 77'3.6vram
Tell me something I don't already know.I know I have a sixth grade spelling and grammar level.What's your point? I still make enough of a living to own,maintain and modify five Porsche's.I was told by Bonni the Bonster that these kind of attacks would not be tolerated any more. I think she called it bullying. Where are the mods now?Playing want-a-be race car driver?
Attack?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Vroommm ... vroooommmm.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

(snip....Where are the mods now?Playing want-a-be race car driver?
Just watching to see where you are going to take this.. And oh - no, maybe I'm not a MOD - but - I'm still watching...

Have a wonderful day,

John D.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

... Where are the mods now?Playing want-a-be race car driver?
Memo to Bob:
Just let go of the leash ... say that "it slipped" ... I'll clean up and dispose of whatever is left

Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

And to think, I always wondered whatever became of the little kid playing the banjo in "Deliverance". Another question answered.

You might want to think twice about pissing of John D. Or the moderators. But then again, you do strum that banjo oh so well
Old 08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One person said, "I love you to (sic) Eddy."
Another said, "But, you can't spell, so you're out."

The error was the word "too" should have been used instead of "to". The reply, as I saw it, was meant as a tease - something we do a lot of around here. There does not seem to be an "attack" occurring any more that the "playing wanna-be racecar driver" comment was.

With that mystery solved, let's try and stay on topic in this TECHNICAL forum thread, in which a sponsoring Porsche dealer was making himself known to folks that might need his help one day. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the intro, Ryan. I didn't grow up, nor am I currently a member of, an affluent home, so my auto dealer experiences in the past have been something between deplorable and witnessing some of the most ethically and morally bankrupt companies possible extort others' ignorance. Since I purchased my 986 a year ago, I've been to Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte a few times for various things, and the sales and service staff have always been friendly and treated my like a person, even though I'm clearly not there to reserve a brand new 991 Turbo S or anything of the sort. Also, the service bay always being half full of caged and decaled racecars doesn't hurt things. Glad to see this may be trend in the Porsche dealer network on both coasts.

Quick Reply: An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche