Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:49 PM
coltj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Mark in Baltimore posted this exact same jibberish in another thread about a completely unrelated RL member. ???"

I've read 6 threads in the past day or so in which he has posted the same thing. Not sure what's going on!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:05 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree - before we all condemn "Mark in Baltimore" a long time RLer; I suspect an IT problem (I always blame those guys) or some kind of spam.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 77'3.6vram
Mark why don't you ask John(Jon) to make you a moderator? I forgot you already have immunity from the "rules" and can say or post anything you like.
Why don't you get a clue before you post? Anyone who has been on here much lately, has seen the spam-type posts Mark refers to. I, too, have been reporting them as I've seen them. They get removed pretty quickly by our admins, who are very responsive.

I can see you're warming up again...
Old 08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EntropyChaser993
Mark in Baltimore posted this exact same jibberish in another thread about a completely unrelated RL member. ???
It ain't jibberish-it's bringing the problem to light. I've seen people actually reply to the posts by the spambots, or whatever they are.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome Ryan! Great intro post. I'm sure your presence will be beneficial to our community!!!

Now let's all relax, count to ten and enjoy the rest of our weekend.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Welcome Ryan! Great intro post. I'm sure your presence will be beneficial to our community!!!

Mike nails it again. Thanks Mike.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shtootgart
Hi Ryan, I can see by the stamps in my owners manual that my car had many of its early scheduled maintenance items done by you guys. The previous owner however did not know exactly what was done back then. If I bring the car and my registration in ( I know dealers have had issues with keys being made by non owners and privacy issues), can you give me some info, and maybe paperwork, on its early history ?
I can put you in touch with one of my service advisors regarding service records but it's not something we're typically able to hand out to customer due to privacy concerns. That being said we might be able to give you some insight and eliminate any customer data but I would have to check on that next week. Because my service department is 5 miles away I do not have direct access to that information, but if you'd like to send me an e-mail and remind me again on Monday I can send it to someone who might be able to help.

ryanp@beverlyhillsporsche.com

Originally Posted by jmiller10012
I know Ryan - he (BH Porsche) sold me my 993 Convertible. He's legit.
Thanks Jim, hope all's well with the Aventurine Green 993 Cab, thats a very cool car!

Originally Posted by os993
Ryan (from Beverly Hills) - welcome and good proper introduction.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
After Ryan from BH Porsche reads through these posts, he's gonna think the 993 board is more dysfunctional than the morons of Jersey Shore
Oh this is nothing, check out the 997 forum.....

Originally Posted by gonzilla

I'm glad to be here and as for the relax part, I couldn't have said that better myself!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Pretty sure Mark is referring to another person whose post has already been removed

The first name just happens to be the same
Indeed he is.
Mark pointed out a spambot and its post was deleted. Coincidentally, they do share the same first name and hence the confusion.

Best

John
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
77'3.6vram
Banned

Default No nappy today?

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Why don't you get a clue before you post? Anyone who has been on here much lately, has seen the spam-type posts Mark refers to. I, too, have been reporting them as I've seen them. They get removed pretty quickly by our admins, who are very responsive.

I can see you're warming up again...
I love you to Eddy.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Where is Beverly Hills on special orders like color to sample with no sunroof and minimal options?

How much deposit and terms of deposit?

What is the discount policy on cars, is it different special orders than cars already in inventory?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 PM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Where is Beverly Hills on special orders like color to sample with no sunroof and minimal options?

What is the discount policy on cars, is it different special orders than cars already in inventory?
Great question, we're open to all special order cars and I personally would LOVE TO SEE MORE PTS CARS HERE! I think if more people knew about the customization options available on the cars that we'd have a lot more unique 911's running around town than we do.

Since you mentioned custom paint, I have to tell you about another really unique asset here in Beverly Hills. Just down the street on Rodeo Drive is the Porsche Design store an on the second floor of that building there's an office where Sascha Glaeser has an INCREDIBLE collection of custom color samples, leather to sample and custom stitch options that you can see and feel. He's also got a 60" screen where we can preview your car and it's something that I cannot recommend highly enough if you decide to go the build to order route. Often times there are additional options that don't make it onto the porsche.com configurator and Sascha has an inside track to what's available or becoming available. If there's something that you want to add to the car that you don't think exists, he's also got a direct line to the factory and can make just about anything happen. If you're going the custom route I cannot recommend this option highly enough.

As far as deposits go and the process itself, the deposit will depend on just how unique the car is. Typically for a more standard build (nothing too exotic that wont sell to someone else should plans change) we take a $2,500 deposit and give you an allocation slot. The deposit is refundable but again depending on the build of the car that could also change. It won't however be anything that's a surprise and all the details will be handled before you place a deposit so that we're all on the same page. You've then got about 5 weeks until the estimated production date to make changes to the car and once you get into 4-5 weeks before production the order locks and we cannot change it. If we do order a car with a unique color or something that has a much higher MSRP than a similar car then we'd probably want a larger deposit but there's no set policy and we handle each customer and their requirements individually.

As far as discount goes there's no blanket number or percentage that we offer, it it's handled on a case by case basis and varies depending on the model, overall price and availability of the car. It's sadly also sometimes dependent on the mood of my managers but if you can work with me I would say that just about anything's possible.

I'm like to be very straightforward and if you tell me what you want I can either get it or I'll give you an alternative that hopefully makes everyone happy. Sometimes though this does require patience and having to ask the right guy at the right time but I've now been here long enough that when I tell someone that I have a build and that we need to be competitive to get it that's enough to get it done assuming the request is reasonable.

If you'd more specifics we can talk offline and discuss your build and I can probably give you a better idea of the discount available, the expected date of delivery and anything else that you'd like to know. Please feel free to email me or call me and we can talk about it.

Ryan
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Some of you guys need to calm down and read completely before you post; there seems to be an increasing frequency of basic comprehension issues on this board as of late. Ed and MarkD got it right: "RyanPrisco" was a spammer whose post was removed. If anyone took the time to read my post in this thread and clicked on the link, they would have seen that I posted something similar on 8/3/12 and 911SLOW moderated the thread and removed the offending posts by "ClaraJohnson". The modus operandi between "RyanPrisco" and "ClaraJohnson" was exactly the same. A mod removed "RyanPrisco's" post, so my response was out of context, but my intention was to alert others on this forum and a few other forums to these near monosyllabic responses so that quicker action could be taken by other members to have future spam removed.

Ryan Perrella, my apologies for the threadjack and my apologies for any confusion.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 77'3.6vram
I love you to Eddy.
But, you can't spell. So, you're out.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cupcar

No offense, but this is the 993 tech forum. It does seem to me that this should be done via PM, email or Phone. We don't have to be an online society all of the time.

I see that BH Porsche is a basic sponsor, but I, for one, don't look forward to seeing ads for new (or used) cars here. It is customary for sponsors to post up periodic specials, and I think that our sponsors respect this right, and don't over do it. At the same time, I do pay for membership here, so I don't get bombarded with ads. If this does turn into a totally free site, then I suppose I can expect to see ads, pop-ups, etc.

Ryan-please note, I don't pressume you intend to do any of the above. You've been on the boards for some time. I'm simply making a comment, mostly due to the inquiry on discounts and inventory.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Teh interwebz r a rally complicated place

(not a shot at you Ed, or anyone really... only a comment on the misunderstandings that can happen on a forum)

Welcome to Ryan from BH Porsche
I like your attitude and candor
You will do well here

Quick Reply: An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche