Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on value of this 97 C2S for sale in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

For clarification, I bought the car that was for sale in Libertyville and it is similar to the one listed at Willow, but it is not the same. And yes it was a very good deal.

Also, with regard to pricing, I have had multiple offers on the car already despite the fact that there is no for sale sign on it and I had no intentions of selling it. And based on those offers, it does not seem that 55k is an absurd asking price.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewlesko
For clarification, I bought the car that was for sale in Libertyville and it is similar to the one listed at Willow, but it is not the same. And yes it was a very good deal.

Also, with regard to pricing, I have had multiple offers on the car already despite the fact that there is no for sale sign on it and I had no intentions of selling it. And based on those offers, it does not seem that 55k is an absurd asking price.
As I said, a legal theft
Old 08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Matthewlesko,
Is the car you purchased the one in your signature? If so, it sure does not appear to be the one in libertysville. I am quite sure you did purchase that one. But the one in libertysville was a twin to the one on sale now. Almost no options with the same scretch on the same rear fender. Yours seems to have many nice options. I spoke with the owner last year and he confirmed and send pics of the car. If I remember his did not even have locking slip or ABD, from what he told me.
By the way, the one one your signature seems like a very nice example.

Al Z
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Al,

Indeed they do appear to be near twins. Honestly, I saw this car for sale at Willow yesterday afternoon for the first time. I was just doing a random search for Porsches b/c I had an offer on the C2S so I was seeing if there was something that I could replace it with. This one came up as being very close (don't think it's been for sale for very long). Anyway, my jaw dropped at first because I thought "That's my car!" and I had just gotten back from vacation and hadn't been out to the garage yet, so I actually thought that my car might've been stolen. However, mine has 32.5k on it, not 38 and change as this example does. Yes, the car in my signature is the car I got from Libertyville. I would imagine that the seller just wasn't aware of the Locking Differential (220) or ABD (224), or wasn't really aware that they were options that some buyers care about (same thing with the other options). Mine does have a scratch toward the left rear quarter panel, but it might actually be on the rear below the split grill on the trunklid (I can't recall off the top of my head). Honestly, I thought the car was a very nice example and really thought it was priced well, but I was actually a bit hesitant b/c the seller had it for sale for several months. I think the fact that it took awhile to sell was ultimately due to it being advertised in a very limited fashion.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Kiwiinchicago
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matthewlesko. Well Done. Sounds like you got a great deal. Kicking myself i did not buy the car myself. If you dont sell it, hope to see you at an event soon. Congrats.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 PM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 65 Posts
Default The Chicago Libertyville Ocean Blue Mystery solved !!!

matthewlesko got one heck of a car and cleared up the mystery in the meantime. I had to believe at one point that they were the same cars. Ocean Blue/Gray/97/ C2S with an errant scratch on the left rear quarter panel. The mileages were always different at 32000 and 38310 but I figured that had to be a typo. Guess this is why cars are identified by a unique VIN, to keep us hobbyists from getting too confused.

Quick Reply: Opinions on value of this 97 C2S for sale in Chicago