Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Just one of 337

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

wow. Just wow. Looks like whoever owns it is planning to drive it.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat

Unfortunately, no interior shots.
Too bad! The one picture in the link with the door open shows what looks to be a black interior rather than the more common grey or burgundy (there were some cars that had different interiors but most were grey tri-tone or burgandy tri-tone). If black, this could be one of the ULTRA rare, built in 1992-93 cars. The ones I've seen pictures of had a single tone interior with 964-like upholstery.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^ That's pretty amazing .. 24 years in factory 'protective coating' ... I wonder what that stuff was made of back then, some kind of heavy wax based water soluable spray?
Not sure, I'll ask next time I'm in.

Originally Posted by JB 911
wow. Just wow. Looks like whoever owns it is planning to drive it.
I gather that the owner does tend to drive his cars,,, in this case,, I certainly hope so.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Too bad! The one picture in the link with the door open shows what looks to be a black interior rather than the more common grey or burgundy (there were some cars that had different interiors but most were grey tri-tone or burgandy tri-tone). If black, this could be one of the ULTRA rare, built in 1992-93 cars. The ones I've seen pictures of had a single tone interior with 964-like upholstery.
99.3% sure this one has a black interior, I'll double-check soon.

Last edited by mongrelcat; 03-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inkatouring
Fast, PM sent -- I think you bought my 3.0 CSL through The Worke Shop several years back. PM if it is you, I'd like to know about the progress on the resto.
You are right. It was me. The resto has been completed. I could post some pictures but I am naturally very reluctant to do so as it is a BMW and this is a Porsche-only forum.

Originally Posted by JPP
^^^ That's pretty amazing .. 24 years in factory 'protective coating' ... I wonder what that stuff was made of back then, some kind of heavy wax based water soluable spray?
It was something called "Cosmoline". It is still around on places like eBay.

Originally Posted by CarreraX
And the Taj one is now toast........
I was wondering about that. I saw a special of sorts on TV on the MajTaj garage and there was no mention whatsoever of the 959. Do you know what happened to it?

Quick Reply: Just one of 337