Sponsored by:

Mirror Mount for Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please see....Freeman
Thanks for posting this. The detector looks like it's tipped down a bit. Do you have pictures from the side from a bit further away, say 3-4 feet? Just so we can see its angle relative to the mirror.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, your rudeness is beyond answer. If you cannot deal with everything I sent you ............
Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Avenger6 can stick it. People like that are not worth a reply. Can he be expunged from the board?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have pictures from further away which are useless...................
Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Avenger6
OK, great, so it fits.... Which "model" is it? Is it just the one their selector says is the right one, or did you order it based on the size, etc.
There are so many variations of "911" that I didn't think their one choice in the selector would be the right one.....
BTW.... THANKS for taking time to take and post the pics!
Originally Posted by freeman
Wow, your rudeness is beyond answer. If you cannot deal with everything I sent you ............
I didn't interpret his response as rude, in fact, he even said "thanks", in caps...

Avenger6 can stick it. People like that are not worth a reply. Can he be expunged from the board?
yikes...
Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,414 Likes on 816 Posts

man, about 80% of the people in this thread need a margarita or a strong cup of hot chocolate.

sheesh
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
jakfrost
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using a radar detector frequently leads to....'uneasiness', 'tendency to jump at small distractions', etc. etc. :-)

I found when using mine I was always on alert...for an alert. So I traded the radar detector for cruise control. Much more relaxing. Besides when I really wanted to go fast we were all going in the same direction anyway! Track days!

Jim
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks nice.. but, jeez.. 90 bones.. hmm
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

WHAT?????

I am grateful for the pics you put it up... I said THANKS!!

I asked if you had just used their vehicle selector, or if you had any insight beyond their listing of "911" on their (Blendmount I mean) site.

Please tell me what I did wrong here???!?!?!?!

VERY CONFUSED
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

OK.... It seems that my further question is the issue here....

WHY I asked it:

On the Blendmount site, their vehicle selector thingy just lists "911" with no reference to model year, mirror type, anything. My suspicion is that they have looked at either a 996 or a 997 when making their deisgn for the "911."

Since there is a wide variety of "911" models, with various mounting designs, I was wondering if just choosing "911" would get the mount you have for your 993, or if you had called them to get the specific differences sorted out.

Sorry if you received my questions wrongly......

I was questioning the correctness of Blendmount and their model listings, NOT YOU!!!!!

Moving on....
Old 07-27-2012, 10:09 AM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the V1 hardwired and mounted slightly higher and to the right of the rearview mirror.
I have the remote display (or whatever they call it) wired into the ashtray. I like this setup. The detector is up and out of the way, and not visible to a cop standing above the door (I figure if I do get pulled over, if they don't see a radar detector it gives me a better chance of talking my way out of it).
The ashtray location is easy to see and mute. Its got a big mute button on it rather than hitting the volume control/mute which I accidently and frequently lower the volume of when I do it this way on my other car. The ashtray still flips up closed when I'm not using the unit.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midcont
...Its got a big mute button on it rather than hitting the volume control/mute which I accidently and frequently lower the volume of when I do it this way on my other car. The ashtray still flips up closed when I'm not using the unit.
I highly recommend a small mute button installed either on the turn signal or wiper stalk...available on ebay for ~$10-12 and very easy to install.

Quick Reply: Mirror Mount for Radar Detector