Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

RS Club Sport Straße - Rivi

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ Aw, man .. that white car is GORGEOUS!! .. and that picture is soooo stolen .. heh ....
Old 07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 201 Posts

PM me - I will email you High Res ones from home....
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 PM
RAB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Not quite
the RS could be had w/ a bolt in Matter cage for the rear seat area

the RS/CS came w/ a welded in full cage as used in the Cup cars, I've seen 2 versions of these one version has the bars in an X across the doors the other has a descending diagonal as used on 964Cups. Both have a transverse bar at the knees

the seats were also different, the RS used the same seats as the Speedster, the RS/CS had FIA certified racing seats and 6 pt harness std.

RS/CS has a sun visor only on the drivers side and carpeting was optional

RS/CS doesn't have front kick panel carpet and does have the manual battery disconnect next to where the drivers side air vent would have been

RS/CS has the strut brace standard, RS it's optional
Hello Bill,

To the roll-cages the RS/CS had only the single door bar and the Cup had the X door bar. And all 993 CS and Cup did not have the transverse knee bars the EVO roll-bar could (trying to find photo) have the knee bars and also two bars go to the front suspension Strut. Once the roll-gage was installed I was not allowed to modify it under FIA Certificate. I have the CS and Cup Matter roll cage ONS certificates.

The seats in the RS had 964 Speedster leather seats. And the RS/CS had the 968 CS cloth seats sadly no FIA markings. The Recaro SPG FIA seat was in the first version for the brochure but where not adopted and only one Recaro SPG seat in the 993 CUP.
Attached Images   
Old 07-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Very nice-did you get to ride or drive it Eric?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by RAB
Hello Bill,

To the roll-cages the RS/CS had only the single door bar and the Cup had the X door bar. And all 993 CS and Cup did not have the transverse knee bars the EVO roll-bar could (trying to find photo) have the knee bars and also two bars go to the front suspension Strut. Once the roll-gage was installed I was not allowed to modify it under FIA Certificate. I have the CS and Cup Matter roll cage ONS certificates.

The seats in the RS had 964 Speedster leather seats. And the RS/CS had the 968 CS cloth seats sadly no FIA markings. The Recaro SPG FIA seat was in the first version for the brochure but where not adopted and only one Recaro SPG seat in the 993 CUP.
As I said I've seem the Cup X braced door in RS/CS, don't know how it got there

Upon further review I agree the RS/CS does no have the knee bar except for the ones that have the Cup cage installed.

per wkd 499 620 the RS/Cs has the racing seats
Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 PM
RAB
Banned

As I said I've seem the Cup X braced door in RS/CS, don't know how it got there

Upon further review I agree the RS/CS does no have the knee bar except for the ones that have the Cup cage installed.

per wkd 499 620 the RS/Cs has the racing seats
I also have the WKD 499 610 the German version to yours

My only guess is the Recaro SPG where to narrow for customers and changed from the pre-production and installed the 968 CS cloth seats.

I have also the Cup car cage certificate and the knee bars is not in it and have never seen it in a Cup car. I just looked through some GT2 Evo car pictures and cannot really see if it has a knee bar or not it could be there behind the dashboard. I have never seen a real GT2 Evo as of yet.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is Steve Kings car
Cup cage and race seats
vram not Cup motor
5 bolt wheels not Cup centerlocks
it also has air jacks

It's some kind of uber RS/CS

Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
RAB
Banned

This is Steve Kings car
Cup cage and race seats
vram not Cup motor
it also has air jacks

Wow, let's agree if you wanted something Porsche would do it. Do you by any chance have a picture of the Matter decal?

I can see that the side console from the Recaro SPG ist not the one from the Cup car but from Recaro.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
RAB
Banned

This is Steve Kings car
Cup cage and race seats
vram not Cup motor
it also has air jacks

Bill,

I can see couple more things what are interesting. Like no heater ducts, the Motronic is behind the seat not under, no middle console, shifter like a Cup car.

Richard
Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work with an RSR that was set up like the one above.

:interior wise
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

... and I just learned something new I think .... The M64/20 RS motors are Varioram editions of the M64/70 Carrera Cup motor? I didn't know the RS's were Varioram, I thought since they were '95 production vin's that they were non-varioram 3.8's like the cup's .. so ... that would explain the pictures of the one for sale in Connecticut that I posted about showing this shot of it's engine .. says it's a MY '96 but it's also a late varioram manifold with the 'Varioram' script on it as well .. ?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

.... and I think I owe a public apology to msipseric the o.p. here for leading this thread COMPLETELY off topic from his original intent which was to admire his buddy's incredibly beautiful RB RS ... sorry man .. we are not worthy ...

Last edited by JPP; 07-24-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
... and I just learned something new I think .... The M64/20 RS motors are Varioram editions of the M64/70 Carrera Cup motor? I didn't know the RS's were Varioram, I thought since they were '95 production vin's that they were non-varioram 3.8's like the cup's .. so ... that would explain the pictures of the one for sale in Connecticut that I posted about showing this shot of it's engine .. says it's a MY '96 but it's also a late varioram manifold with the 'Varioram' script on it as well .. ?
No, M54/20 RS vari-ram and M64/70 Cup are 2 very different beasts
993RS was the first to use vari-ram in '95 one year before the rest of the 993 line got it in '96, the RS vari-ram is somewhat different using more mg and is larger internally too.

the M64/70 Cup engine is based on a 964 bottom end w/ a non-v-ram plastic intake manifold but it has no MAF, lumpier cams, and is generally stouter all around for use at high revs.

here's a M64/70 Cup and no there's nothing missing that isn't supposed to be missing

this one isn't 100% stock and has some doodads to help idle
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Look here for detailed differences
Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ wow , so whatever came through the grill into the engine compartment just got sucked down that trumpet hole .. :-D Bugs .. birds .. whatever ...

Quick Reply: RS Club Sport Straße - Rivi