993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 06:37 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 77tony
Just checked on 25Lusk & State Bird Provisions online and they are exactly what we are after. Thank you. Plan is to hit Farallon one night for old times sake so I think our dinner ticket is now punched. What are the cool walking neighborhoods wife & I should check out ? TIA. T
Check out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin...(San_Francisco) too.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Chris V
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Coit tower via the stairs...Google telegraph hill coit tower stairs or SF Filbert stairs or Greenwich stairs. You will find easy parking lower Sansome area just off embarcadero and when you return you'll be near Il Fornaio or Fog City Diner for snacks after.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 124 Posts

This is under appreciated ---- after you tire of the city --- Take a ferry to Angel island. No more than a 30 min boat ride. It is near Alctatraz - it is the "Ellis Island of the West". Lots of historic structures, hospitals, etc. Where they used to process immigrants from Asia. Angel island is walking or biking only.... So once you get there you can rent bikes and tour the island easily. Have a picnic with all the food from Acme Bread or Cowgirl Creamery that you bought from the Ferry Building. Enjoy the incredible views of the Bay. I live in SF proper and I love going to Angel Island.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3'er
You got to walk down Haight Street. Also, *** Hill and have a coffee in North Beach. Definately WALK across the GG Bridge and maybe hike the Lands End Trail (great views of the Golden Gate.) Have breakfast at the Cliff House. The Sunset District is coming of age - have a coffee at Devil's Teeth on Noriega St near the beach. SF is a funky fun town, hope you enjoy it.
I totally agree with WALKING or biking across the bridge and hiking Lands End. That said I detest the Haight. I go through it every day on the public bus system. I find the Haight to be a shadow of its former glory....overrun with street urchins that poop and pee and use drugs. Ugh.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:19 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

^^ Probably right about the Haight. Shops are great, but the kids are the *****. What they think is cool is not so cool. I live in the Sunset, but don't commute anymore, so not dialed in these days.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:51 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

Note to self-skip the Haight. Angel Island sounds like a good replacement. Just booked 5 nights at The Omni Hotel that had great reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a.html#REVIEWS T

Last edited by 77tony; 11-02-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: San Francisco