Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My 993 Pulling Ahead of a Ferrari - With Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM
ofd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!!!! Love the RS wing
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Not only , but also a statement from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (probably has Ferrari envy) .
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SQK993
A real Car and look at me car,don't get to close they catch fire sometimes all by themselves.
You have no idea.

I've cleaned far better times in my Italian car at Sepang International Circuit than I did in my 997.1 RS.

And technologically it leaves my RS for dead as well as power, handling etc. Who cares that it gets more looks.

I might agree that more Italian machinery is driven by guys that don't track their cars or aren't hard core drivers... But the machinery is good...if you look at my blog, you will see there are Italian cars that get driven... And get driven hard... On a regular basis... And don't catch fire. I've seen a few 997 GT3s spill their guts on the track... Look up the coolant leaking issues...

No car is perfect.... But you seem to over generalize your comments. And without any real world experience of your own.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David993S
Not only , but also a statement from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (probably has Ferrari envy) .
dude, hes got a Honda Ridgeline and a 33' gun boat... instant cred.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:56 PM
963K993
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like a trend.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot on your trail brother! I loved your car and Paul's so much I had to build a Turbo like it.

Just put on newly painted 996TT Hollows and Sumi IIIs.

Next couple steps:
1. Lower it
2. Replace silver Turbo with a black one
3. Paint hardbacks guards red

Then done...I think. Loving the changes although its killing my wallet.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DALLWA; 07-27-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:25 PM
firesm
Pro

Looks great Tony! Absolutely #1 priority has to be lowering that beast! I've got painting my hardbacks Guards Red on my to do list as well.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:48 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Thanks! I'm loving it. But I don't think I get access to secret handshake without lowering her first

Do you like your setup or wish you would have gone with the PSSX?

Originally Posted by firesm
Looks great Tony! Absolutely #1 priority has to be lowering that beast! I've got painting my hardbacks Guards Red on my to do list as well.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:42 PM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

the black painted 996TT wheels look great. Tony! I'm loving the new turbo, please snap off some HD photos of both cars, we need more pix

Please tell me how you like the Sumi III's after you've put some miles on her because I purchasing a set of 17" wheels that need some rubber.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 PM
firesm
Pro

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Thanks! I'm loving it. But I don't think I get access to secret handshake without lowering her first
You may have to remove the pinkie ring before being able to do the secret handshake - or it'll get in the way (snake skin boots are optional)

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Do you like your setup or wish you would have gone with the PSSX?
I am quite happy with what I have. At the time I got a great deal on what I bought which would have put the PSS10's at just over 1K more. Some people say the HD/M030 combo is too harsh - but some people also say stage III's are too loud - to each their own. I think it feels like a sports car should, now would I want my daily driver to feel that way - probably not.

If I had the extra money at the time I would have bought the PSS10's, and a big selling feature of them for a lot of people is the adjustability, but the reality for me is I would probably have adjusted them so they felt like my suspension now. So, the 1K I saved plus another $800 paid for my MaxJax and the install cost me nothing, allowing me to spend a ton for a set of Hardback sport seats...which change the way the car feels when I drive it. I also have a set of RS motor mounts waiting for me to install them - and for some people that too changes the feel (I'm thinking at 105k miles I should feel some difference as well)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 PM
DALLWA
Racer

My favorite car is PStraub's then a I saw Firesm, and said I have to get a Guards Reds something. Seeing the black contrast turns it from sophisticated to sinister almost instantaneously.

I plan on lowering the 993TT and then have a professional photographer shoot both cars. I will post some pics then, but may take a bit. I have links to more photos in my signature below and thanks!

Easy answer on the Sumi III. I bought these because I bought some for my Riv Blue cab. I have stock ride, fairly soft, and I think these wheels are the best bang for your buck all day long.

Originally Posted by sander97C2
the black painted 996TT wheels look great. Tony! I'm loving the new turbo, please snap off some HD photos of both cars, we need more pix

Please tell me how you like the Sumi III's after you've put some miles on her because I purchasing a set of 17" wheels that need some rubber.

It keeps me awake at night weighing the two options. HD/M033 are the easy answer but having PSS10's I can dial them softer or harder if I want.........jeez, that last statement has me paralyzed.

I would love to learn how to work on these cars, so that extra 1k could start me off on something new and save me money down the road....
Such a difficult decision. Sell the ring....pay for the 10's....

Originally Posted by firesm
You may have to remove the pinkie ring before being able to do the secret handshake - or it'll get in the way (snake skin boots are optional)

I am quite happy with what I have. At the time I got a great deal on what I bought which would have put the PSS10's at just over 1K more. Some people say the HD/M030 combo is too harsh - but some people also say stage III's are too loud - to each their own. I think it feels like a sports car should, now would I want my daily driver to feel that way - probably not.

If I had the extra money at the time I would have bought the PSS10's, and a big selling feature of them for a lot of people is the adjustability, but the reality for me is I would probably have adjusted them so they felt like my suspension now. So, the 1K I saved plus another $800 paid for my MaxJax and the install cost me nothing, allowing me to spend a ton for a set of Hardback sport seats...which change the way the car feels when I drive it. I also have a set of RS motor mounts waiting for me to install them - and for some people that too changes the feel (I'm thinking at 105k miles I should feel some difference as well)
Old 07-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, looking great...it must feel so good after the long, long wait. I didn't get mine out until July 1st last year, just in time for a visit from my (now) g/f, after needing to put on those parts you helped me get. We went to MTL to catch some of the jazz fest for the day as a first drive. With all the dry weather we have been having you should have lots of days to enjoy your car.

Travis, that picture will all the 911 front ends reminds me how much I wish Ontario didn't require front license plates!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the Ferrari red that close to Guards Red in reality? They look identical in the pics.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 AM
firesm
Pro

Originally Posted by Paul902
Steve, looking great...it must feel so good after the long, long wait. I didn't get mine out until July 1st last year, just in time for a visit from my (now) g/f, after needing to put on those parts you helped me get. We went to MTL to catch some of the jazz fest for the day as a first drive. With all the dry weather we have been having you should have lots of days to enjoy your car.

Travis, that picture will all the 911 front ends reminds me how much I wish Ontario didn't require front license plates!
Thanks Paul. When I was getting the bumperettes removed I was tempted to have the license plate holes filled as well - but I just didn't think that any of the other plate mounting methods looked any better.

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
Is the Ferrari red that close to Guards Red in reality? They look identical in the pics.
Well, the pictures are pretty good representations of the actual colours of the two cars that day - so I guess the answer would have to be yes?

A footnote to the original post - turns out the Ferrari is actually a rental from a new local company that is renting out exotic cars. http://ottawaecr.com/EN-car-f360.html
Old 07-30-2012, 09:55 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
I believe Guards Red is actually slightly lighter than Ferrari's Rosso Corsa, but they are quite close. Over the years Ferrari has had several "shades" of Rosso Corsa so even with Ferrari it varies from model to model, i.e. the Rossa Corsa that was on a 328 is slightly different than than Rosso Corsa that's on my 360.

Quick Reply: My 993 Pulling Ahead of a Ferrari - With Pics!!!