Air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is just one of the test result...
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Please dont take my word for it...Do a google search on, "K&N vs OEM paper filter test results"

"Any fool can learn from his own mistakes; but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

Isn't that the point of this forum?

I believe air filters get replaced along side of oil filters. With what we spend on oil changes, the additional $20 is NOT cost prohibitive for a quality OEM paper filter.

P.S. Its not hate. It's the simple FACT that they produce a substandard part, and with the properly placed advertising, still manage to sell a buttload of the same substandard product. The K&N name brand means nothing to me; but those that like em, by all means, run em.

Last edited by nine9six; 04-16-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK,I am sure some of the wise guys will insinuate that everyone knows this but on the off chance that at least one person does not ,here are my 2 cents. I owned several 928s one of which was a GT. The MAF unit is less than 2 inches away from the air inlet and when the filter gets super hot the oil on it can liquify flow into the mass airflow sensor clog it and cause some expensive repairs. Now the 911s mafs is a little farther away but I would not risk itThe small 911 compartment gets a lot hotter than a water cooled 928 compartment.So watch the K&Ns. For some cars they are great. Just sayin.

Last edited by AKTUNG; 04-16-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: correction

Quick Reply: Air filter?