Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C2S

PM sent,

Angus Rogers
Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Reynard38
Pro

Well I'm not telling any stories here. I wanted to bring it up BEFORE anybody asked. I'm 100% confident the car will pass any PPI.
Yes it was unfortunate there was a cop right there. The old guy barely bumped me, and it didn't event leave a mark on the bumper overriders.
The cop was very concerned about the guys ability to drive as he seemed to be suffering from Alzheimer's. Better he bumped me than killed somebody.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Reynard38
Pro

A number of folks have been asking price. I have decided to sell the car. However I do want to get the 60k service done before I officially put it up for sale. This way I can present the car truly ready to sell.
German Car Repair of Roswell GA has always done my service, and will be doing the 60k.
The only other service I had done on the car was a alignment and corner balance (using the kinematic gauge) by Kinetic Motorsports. This make a big difference in the handling.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Accidents on Carfax matter. The only people that want to believe they dont and say it doesn't, are the ones with accidents on their car's Carfax.

People immediately assume they will be lied to about the details surrounding the accident and don't want to invest the time or energy.

For people who look beyond it, there has to be a huge emotional pull..rarity of color, or model or extremely good deal.

Accidents on Carfax matter . It attracts cheapskates . There is a lot of people that want to use it as a tool to haggle the price to justify being cheapskate . See it all the time . They are so concern but yet will never shop for a " no story " car .
Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by briefescape
Accidents on Carfax matter . It attracts cheapskates . There is a lot of people that want to use it as a tool to haggle the price to justify being cheapskate . See it all the time . They are so concern but yet will never shop for a " no story " car .
it's getting harder and harder to find a "no story" 14, 15, 16, or 17 year old
993. If your looking for a garage queen, LOW mileage, all orig paint, etc...that all comes for a price.

If your looking for a driver, expect more miles, some paint work, probably a hand full of stories(and previous owners), and consequently less money.

The big money examples have all the good things associated with them, the lower priced examples some of the bad. We have seen many examples of good cars priced low(thanks KBB, etc), and lesser cars priced too high(priced to sit).

Accident history, no matter how minor...will always effect value, as well as a potential pool of future buyers. My C4S has an accident on it's Carfax, the PO even saw the police report. The extent of the damage was probably no more than a rear bumper cover, maybe just a respray. It didn't matter to me in the least, since I prized mechanicals more.

Did the accident history scare others away from buying it?

Did previous paint work scare some away?

All the better for me, I bought a 63K mile car with over $7K of service done(500 miles before I bought it)...brand new suspension, wheels and tires for under $37K. Regardless of the cars history, the PO priced it right to me...and I simply couldn't pass it up.

There will come a point where mileage won't effect the cars asking price as much as it does still today, but we're probably a decade away for that to be realized.

The market for these cars is very strong IMHO, there are always folks looking on here for cars.

The OP hasn't asked any pricing help, so he must have a solid number in mind. If he prices it fairly, considering the mileage, and yes...considering the Carfax report, it'll sell fast.

Price it high, and it'll sit. In todays market, a 60K mile C2S will only bring so much...in a standard color that is.

GLWS
Old 07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Reynard38
Pro

As I mentioned earlier I will have the car at Caffeine and Octane next Sunday the 5th. Of course I'd like to sell it local as it'll make everything a lot easier.
I've always gotten a lot of inquires about it there. It also helps that the car has spent its life here in Atlanta.
I organized all the service records the other day, getting things ready.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

I sorta question these sorts of threads. Sure, it isn't a defined FS thread, where you HAVE to post a price. But, such an "innocuous" thread: "how do I", "thinking about", etc, will surely result in the OP getting PM's to discuss. Even "veiled" threads about one's car being for sale should have to have a price stated. I don't know, maybe I missed that in here. If I did, my apologies.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 111 Posts

At least post a price range...
Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well put Mag. I agree it just comes down to the bottom line and the right buyer. But the OP has insinuated a mark on the car fax in "this case" is "nothing to see here move along". And that's just flat out wrong. It's always "just a bumper respray" lol any solid repair won't effect PPI and the car is certainly fine in this case but this fact cannot be ignored.

I also agree w Ed here.... "feeler threads" vs. their bandwidth value...

Last edited by EMBPilot; 07-30-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Reynard38
Pro

Originally Posted by CT944
At least post a price range...
Ok. More than $40k, less than $50k.

When I first started this thread I honestly was not ready to sell the car. I had to think about why I wanted to sell it, and what would replace it. I just wanted to get an opinion of the best method.
There is nothing disingenuous here.
As most of you know it isn't easy to price one of these cars. KBB and Edmunds don't seem to help much.
I will be listing the car in the FS section of Rennlist in the very near future.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Reynard38
Pro

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
Well put Mag. I agree it just comes down to the bottom line and the right buyer. But the OP has insinuated a mark on the carfare in "this case" is "nothing to see here move along". And that's just flat out wrong. It's always "just a bumper respray" lol any solid repair won't effect PPI and the car is certainly fine in this case but this fact cannot be ignored.

I also agree w Ed here.... "feeler threads" vs. their bandwidth value...
Regional Jet Pilot, I never insinuated anything. I pointed out an item on a Carfax report. I invited a PPI to prove my word is good.
I'm not attempting to hide anything.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your assumptions are incorrect once again my friend.

but about your car, your position is it does not effect the value of your car. i beg to differ (as do others in this thread). it is physically on the report, end result is the same.

a 60k mile car, with 'a car fax story', in the 40-50 zone i feel like is a bit optimistic... sure its an S, and you have those really classy "Porsche badges" on your fenders, thats gotta count for something...
Old 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Since this is not a For Sale thread, are we allowed to comment on proposed, possible, maybe, range pricing? I think so.

I like the numbers Magdaddy shared with his purchase. If you plan to sell it for $37K, then it will likely sell quickly as long as you have the same "extras" that Joe dragged home with his then and now prized acquisition. If you try to sell it for close to $50K, then enjoy the journey...it will be a long one.

Thinking of selling threads seem to be more like For Sale threads these days. Except without pricing numbers. Ahhh.. a loophole in the rules.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

List it higher than you think to start...the market is a lot stronger than many people realize right now.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

Just keep it, what else could possibly fill the void so well

Quick Reply: Best way to sell a 993?