boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My favorite "special edition" 911. Hold out for the Vesuvius:

Old 06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

If you dont find your dream C2S you can always uncouple the AWD in a C4S and, voila! a C2S with big red hydraulic brakes and suspension
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boman993

Jakob,
That's a mighty nice scan, thanks! I love the 993 from above, that shape is pure bliss. I'll try to hold off on a Vesuvius for as long as I can, unless a super nice Polar Silver C2S shows up and tests my patience!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Jakob, you are a good P car PUSHER
Old 06-28-2012, 05:16 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mkhn
Jakob,
That's a mighty nice scan, thanks! I love the 993 from above, that shape is pure bliss. I'll try to hold off on a Vesuvius for as long as I can, unless a super nice Polar Silver C2S shows up and tests my patience!
Originally Posted by Opo
Jakob, you are a good P car PUSHER
LOL, I just live out my 993 dreams through you guys!!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
01coccobet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

always GOOD TASTE

isn't it Jacob?!?

ciao
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 AM
V
Drifting

Mike, one question to ask yourself now that you have broadened your search to include both Vesuvius and Polar:

If you buy a Polar Silver car now, would you be happy with it or would you still lust for a Vesuvius C2S?

Food for thought
Old 06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

V,
I think I would be completely content with Polar. I have always liked that color on the C2S/C4S. It just looks so clean on the (wingless) wide body profile of these models. I have yet to see Vesuvius in person so I really can't make the final judgement until then. From what everyone says and from what I have been able to gather from photos, it does look like an amazing color. They are so darn rare here in the States that chances are I might choose a nice Polar before ever really seeing a Vesuvius in person.

I see that you have gone through two Vesuvius already, haha!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 PM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 104 Posts

Vesuvius is such an overrated color!

Originally Posted by V
Mike, one question to ask yourself now that you have broadened your search to include both Vesuvius and Polar:

If you buy a Polar Silver car now, would you be happy with it or would you still lust for a Vesuvius C2S?

Food for thought
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993

Vesuvius over Can Can Red leather ... Um .. wow... even I might not be able to live with that!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by mkhn
V,
I think I would be completely content with Polar. I have always liked that color on the C2S/C4S. It just looks so clean on the (wingless) wide body profile of these models. I have yet to see Vesuvius in person so I really can't make the final judgement until then. From what everyone says and from what I have been able to gather from photos, it does look like an amazing color. They are so darn rare here in the States that chances are I might choose a nice Polar before ever really seeing a Vesuvius in person.

I see that you have gone through two Vesuvius already, haha!
Mike, I think polar is the way to go. If you find a vesuvius, jump on it. Otherwise, try to find a polar silver. It's all a matter of taste. Silver cars are the least appealing to me, but that's just IMHO.

My other suggestion was find the best car for the money and then wrap it. But for some reason I think that it would be very hard to replicate the vesuvius metallic with its depth and all in a wrap. I might be wrong though. On the other hand, I would never wrap my car as I don't like to see another color when I open the trunk or the engine lid.. But something worth considering maybe?

And don't forget - The search is half the fun!

Originally Posted by delanobe
Vesuvius is such an overrated color!
Delanobe has no say because he is clearly biased
Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Found a small video of a Vesuvius C2S with upgraded exhaust. It sounds great!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Tiptronic??? your wife is going to drive it one or twice and then lose interest...and you'll be stuck with a tiptronic.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Another C4S setup for tracking. Seems like a good price given all the goodies. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...105892292.html
Old 07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you enjoy the search and have the time, wait for the Vesuvius and make your dreams come true. Just recognize that it will likely be YEARS before you find that car. Not trying to rain on parade, and you may already know it, but just want to set expectations. Finding a low mileage C2S with the right condition/history is getting harder in it's own right...finding one in that color is not likely. Like winning the lottery, it could happen tomorrow. But if you were betting on red or black, you would vote against this happening inside of at least a year, probably longer.

I enjoy the hunt, so if I was you, I wouldnt be deterred. But reading through this thread I didnt see any mention of how unlikely it would be to find the car you are looking for. I LOVE the color, I think many do - along with other rare 993 colors, like Slate Grey, etc. If I came across a Vesuvius C2S, especially with black interior and the right mileage/condition, etc. I would grab it in a heartbeat, as I think many on this board would.

Good luck with the search and I genuinely hope it happens for you sooner rather than later!

Quick Reply: WTB C2S in Vesuvius or Polar Silver