993 Forum 1995-1998

Wishing Jim (Aircooled) a speedy recovery

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wishing Jim (Aircooled) a speedy recovery

I hope I'm not out of line here, but I wanted to pass along some well wishes to Jim (Aircooled). He is a RL member out of Golden, CO and a heck of a guy.

Ben (BLT4SPD) and I were communicating with Jim, trying to setup another coffee get together a little while back and received some cryptic emails in response. We realized he had a stroke, and was having a hard time typing.
I looked him up today and noticed he is still logging in, and I'm sure reading the 993 forum. I know he loves driving that gorgeous 993 Cab of his and probably not enjoying watching it sit in his driveway.

I wanted to let you know, and hopefully you can let him know, we all hope for a speedy recovery and cheering him on.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

All the best Jim. If you are up and running around August 10 come by for some food and go see Gregg Rolie at the Louisville street fair.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Tony. We were emailing last week and I am hoping to meet up in aspen during July. I'll email him again.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
diet97993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He will get through this.Ihad a stroke back in Feburary of this year and my life was turned up-side down at the time. If it was at the stem of the brain he had the same as I. It takes time to heal and lots of rest. After he gets his strength back abit he may want to look upa good acturpuncturest in his area. A Nuerlogest will need to evaluate him with a CATSCAN or MRI to determine just how he was affected unfortunately they really don't understand brain function just that somthing is wrong. I wish him the best fromthe left coast and hope he gets better soon. Take care diet 97993
Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zjim (Aircooled)-My best to you for a speedy recovery. Hang in there and KNOW you are going to get better!
Best of luck-
chuck

Originally Posted by DALLWA
I hope I'm not out of line here, but I wanted to pass along some well wishes to Jim (Aircooled). He is a RL member out of Golden, CO and a heck of a guy.

Ben (BLT4SPD) and I were communicating with Jim, trying to setup another coffee get together a little while back and received some cryptic emails in response. We realized he had a stroke, and was having a hard time typing.
I looked him up today and noticed he is still logging in, and I'm sure reading the 993 forum. I know he loves driving that gorgeous 993 Cab of his and probably not enjoying watching it sit in his driveway.

I wanted to let you know, and hopefully you can let him know, we all hope for a speedy recovery and cheering him on.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diet97993
He will get through this.Ihad a stroke back in Feburary of this year and my life was turned up-side down at the time. If it was at the stem of the brain he had the same as I. It takes time to heal and lots of rest. After he gets his strength back abit he may want to look upa good acturpuncturest in his area. A Nuerlogest will need to evaluate him with a CATSCAN or MRI to determine just how he was affected unfortunately they really don't understand brain function just that somthing is wrong. I wish him the best fromthe left coast and hope he gets better soon. Take care diet 97993

diet97993. Best of luck to you in your recovery! Hang in there.
chuck
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 656 Likes on 319 Posts

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Rich
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Wishing you better very soon!!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Wishing you a full and quick recovery, Jim!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:55 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Thank you all very much for all of your best wishes. As has been said before, what a super site full of caring, passionate people. Your comments mean a lot. After a short hospital stay, was transferred to a rehab facility, where good progress was made improving motor skills, speech and other day to day living skills.

i am currently back in home continuing the normalization process and doing very well. Driving has been restricted until i get an ok from my doctor in possibly 4 more months

Warm regards to all, and looking forward to getting back on the road again, in the meanwhile i must have patience.

Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Wow Jim, I had no idea. I hope you get well soon.

For those of you folks who don't know Jim he is a great guy and incredible Porsche fanatic. The guy drives his pcars more than anyone else I know.

I got an email from Jim the other day...he was concerned about our proximity to the fire in Boulder. He said nothing about his health....

Jim, I'll talk with you soon.

Tony, thanks for the info.

Bob-
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I don't know you Jim but it seems that you keep good company over there in Colorado...

Sounds like you are well on the road to recovery, take care and best of luck with the patience.
I'd guess that might be the hardest part.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM
swaini
Instructor

Jim, all the best wishes and the speediest of recoveries.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Jim, I'm pretty new to the forum but I wish you nothing short of a speedy recovery!
Godspeed Jim.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
DALLWA
Racer

Great hearing from you Jim, sounds like your on the right track to recovery. I hope to see you soon for some coffee down in Golden.

Good to hear from BoulderBobo, I have been to his house a couple times and know how close he is to that fire.
Yes, I would have saved that awesome 993 of his and of course Bob, but not sure in what order That car is sic!

I'm a bad person.

Quick Reply: Wishing Jim (Aircooled) a speedy recovery