Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The flashing cel returns

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 AM
993blackS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys,I will check the connections and the battery connections for a third time. I'll let you know how it goes(fingers crossed).
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

It seems as though everyone is reaching for straws here ...I've heard from a reliable source and it
actually happened similarly to me albeit in my Range Rover the flashing CEL can refer to the imminent
demise of the catalytic converter or a serious fault in the CC..
Mine was changed out under warranty at the dealer but possibly something to examine,thanks Bert
Old 06-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Davies
Burning Brakes

flashing cel is common with a misfire. A code would be helpful. Might want to trace the plug wires to ensure they are not misrouted/touching and arcing.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 PM
993blackS
Intermediate

I checked the battery cables again and that's not it. The codes that keep coming up are po300,po304,po306. All misfires on cylinders 4 and 6. Ran it again today and the only thing in common is after about 20-25 miles of driving it does it every time. Once again let it sit for about an hour and would hardly start back up. I did just go through the workshop manual and read for misfires it says maf sensor , rpm sensor ,injectors or power supply are the only things to check for. Went ahead and ordered new maf and rpm sensors. Hopefully one of these will do it, as there were no codes to support the injectors or power supply.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
993blackS
Intermediate

Back with an update,i disconnected the maf sensor and drove it for over 50miles and had no flashing cel or misfires. Also the car drove about the same with it disconnected,i couldn't really tell other than maybe a little worse idle and a little more hesitation(maybe its been out ever since i bought it). I do have a new question though, if the sensor was disconnected from the maf would the ecu still be able to tell if there was a misfire? Also one other variable that i just thought of is it was alot cooler outside when i drove it tonight (temp sensor maybe)? Well hopefully the problem well be fixed when i change the maf out tomorrow. Any other opinions would be great.
Adapt and overcome, if that doesn't work replace everything!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM
993blackS
Intermediate

Replaced the maf and had the fuel injectors cleaned and rebuilt also cleaned out all sai ports since i had the car already apart. Drove it for 25 miles last night and it drove the best its ever been since i owned it with no misfires. Went out today and again took a good deal of engine cranking to get it to start,drove it and within 10 miles got the flashing cel again for misfires on po300,po304,po306. Tested the temp sensor and it is 2ohms right in range with what the shop manual states. Also tested the dual distributor again and it started up with the main lead disconnected. This has to be either a ecu issue or rpm sensor issue because everything else I have replaced or checked. If anyone knows of something else that might be causing this or something i have overlooked maybe let me know. Thanks
RECAP:
All replaced: Alternator,belts,coils,distributors,rotors,points,battery,isv valve clean,fuel pump relay,plugs,plug wires,Dual Distributor belt is on and working,Battery cables are clean and tight,maf sensor new,fuel injectors rebuilt,sai passages cleaned,engine burns 1 quart every 3000 miles with no blue smoke.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Anything new with this?

Ken

Quick Reply: The flashing cel returns