Sponsored by:

New Family Member, 2007 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
It might just be the way I drive, which is fairly close to the dash (knees slightly bent, arms at close to a 90 deg angle when holding the wheel in both hands) but I am 6'0" and have at least an inch of room behind my seat to adjust back further. For sure the Cayman has better head room than the 993.

I took the Cayman through Elfin Forest down here in San Diego today. I love the car, it's much more fun than any of the alternatives we looked at but I immediately missed my 993. The 993 "squats" out of corners better and is tighter feeling.
6'2" with long legs sucks that extra inch up quickly. It was close-if I had 1" more, I woulda fit a whole lot better. As for Boxsters, I've only driven a Spec Boxster on the track, and with the interior stripped and a Recaro shell, it was no problem.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
slickster85
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Congrats Peter!

That is a problem. I drove a Cayman for a day when they first came out-not enough leg room. I had to tilt the seat back forward a bit to squeeze another 1/2" in legroom. That killed them for me.
I told my wife I needed the 911 because of the backseat for the kids, real reason is the legroom/rake of the seat back. I'm 6'3 with a 32 inseam so I don't think I'd have the room. Great cars though, just not for me.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by slickster85
I told my wife I needed the 911 because of the backseat for the kids, real reason is the legroom/rake of the seat back. I'm 6'3 with a 32 inseam so I don't think I'd have the room. Great cars though, just not for me.
hmmm. I am 6' 4" with long legs and dont have any issues in the Cayman. I think I have the seat back as far as it will go...no issues there. Headroom is more than adequate beacuse there is no sunroof!

Quick Reply: New Family Member, 2007 Cayman S