Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New spoiler wall install...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
jakfrost
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Jakfrost - do you know if there is any way of detecting the wrong fitting spoiler wall from the stock number, date of manufacture, etc?"

Dan, there are no numbers of any kind on the product itself...only a little white paper sticker that says "Made in Germany". The part # used by Porsche is 993-512-121-00 but as I said it is not displayed on the part.

I believe the only way to at least try and insure you are getting one of the 'good' units is to have the parts sales person measure the gap for you. Mine was 3mm on the original...the first replacement was closer to 5mm.

I was lucky that Phil at Sunset had 5 units in stock to compare, and one of them was, as he said, noticeably smaller than the others. Still, not good odds for someone ordering a new one and 'assuming' the correct part # will get you the correct part...

Apparently there was a bad production run as advised by member 'bw-porsche' earlier in this thread. It is thanks to him that I realized what was going on with my installations problem. He lives in the UK and I purchased in Oregon...so there must be a few of the bad apples out there!

Jim
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new spoiler wall still in box that I will check out today. Much appreciate the "heads up" on this issue.

Quick Reply: New spoiler wall install...