Installed RS Mounts today. Impressions:

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 207 Posts

I noticed a little more noise too.

Now i cant hear a effing thing - no mufflers fixes all rattles, squeaks, and vibrations.

Simon.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
fresh alignmet also???

She'll feel brand new, money well spent
Probably no alignment until new tires.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,418 Likes on 818 Posts

I think the impact of these mounts is being overstated. I have the wevo blacks (the softer ones). Yeah, the locating of the engine is more secure and you get a tiny bit of vibration, but quite frankly, the NVH increase is barely noticeable.

The other nice thing about the wevos is that you'll never have to buy new motor mounts. If you feel the thing is worn, replace the pillows for $30 and you have new mounts.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I finally got around to installing my WEVO blacks.

Was a little worried about potential NVH as my car is not a track car, but I do want a bit more sportier handling.

I happened to be at Callas a week or so ago to ask Tony what his thoughts on them were, this is what he sent me in an email:

Keith,

It sounds like, I’m assuming here that you have what I normally recommend for the 993’s suspension upgrades in regards to the springs and Shocks. I really like and always recommend the WEVO motor mounts.

The WEVO sport motor mounts tighten the drivetrain making the power path to the rear wheels improved, the shifting more crisp and just less power plant movement.

I agree that the swaybars are the next and most logical approach to your handling woes but they must be the adjustable type. Be cautious if you purchase aftermarket swaybars because a lot of them on the market are just plain trash.

Good morning,

Tony

Tony Callas
Callas Rennsport
19080 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503

My original mounts were not wet or leaking and seem to be in fine condition. I don't have a lot of mileage on the WEVOs, but I can hardly notice any increase in NVH. I wouldn't say the difference is night and day, but there is an improvement in overall linkage, everything feels a little more connected.

Also, in a follow up, I asked Tony if he had witnessed any engine carrier issues with the WEVOs and he said not for a street car.

I wonder if those that have severe NVH issues are using the correct torque settings?

Quick Reply: Installed RS Mounts today. Impressions: