Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results: Varioram inlet manifold fitted to a non-Varioram engine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Rutger Gert-Jan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results: Varioram inlet manifold fitted to a non-Varioram engine.

Hi,

After al my questions about installing a Varioram inlet manifold on a non-Varioram 993 I thought it would make sense the put the charts of my dyno-run on this forum. The first chart is the one where the 993 still has its orignal inlet manifold fitted with a 200-cell sportscat (Gert Carnewal). Top figures are:

281.1 HP and 343,9 Nm

The second chart shows the gains over the firts chart. The 993 is now fitted with a cone filter and the same 200-cell sportscat. Top figures are:

287.8 HP and 351.0 Nm
So regarding the top figures, not really worth the money and time, but the improvement in the lower RPM range is, at a certain point I gained almost 40 HP..

My 993 is a USA spec car, so it has the "long" gearbox, with this modification the car feals as it should have felt. I can only think how it would drive with the "short"gearbox...

So, bottom line is it worth all the work? I think it is, the most difficult task was to get all the parts. I was lucky that I found a gentleman who sold me the Varioram inlet manifold together with the correct ECU and would take my old manifold as a part exchange.
If you have any questions please let me know.

Last but not least, a special thanks to Joe for answering all my questions!

Regards,

Rutger
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Meting Non-Varioram.pdf (102.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf
Meting I VS Meting II.pdf (104.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rutger Gert-Jan

My 993 is a USA spec car, so it has the "long" gearbox, with this modification the car feals as it should have felt. I can only think how it would drive with the "short"gearbox...

So, bottom line is it worth all the work? I think it is, the most difficult task was to get all the parts. I was lucky that I found a gentleman who sold me the Varioram inlet manifold together with the correct ECU and would take my old manifold as a part exchange.
If you have any questions please let me know.

Last but not least, a special thanks to Joe for answering all my questions!
I'm glad I could help. Tal, aka Guards Red did the same for me as I was working through my varioram conversion.

I agree that the gains in midrange torque make the conversion well worth the effort. I love the upgrade. And I love it even more since I upgraded to a g50/31 gearbox and lightweight flywheel!

Cheers,
Joe
Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Nickmysta
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could I ask how much you paid for the Varioram? I have a unit to be sol (without the ECU).

Thanks

Quick Reply: Results: Varioram inlet manifold fitted to a non-Varioram engine.