Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Discovery During Headlight Lens Cleaning...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Little Discovery During Headlight Lens Cleaning...

I recently did the HID upgrade and noticed my headlight lens had dust and watermarks all over it. So I read p-car.com's diy on how to clean the lens. On there, it says that two of the tabs is melted. That was true on my right headlight. But when I did my left, I was so confused at why none of the tabs were melted. I know it really doesn't matter performance wise, but I'm just curious. Did Porsche just forgot to do it ? Or could the previous owner swapped out a different headlight housing? Just wondering ....

*and here are some obligatory photos. not quite related to the headlight but I'm sure you guys don't mind my car was basically solid yellow from a week of not moving the car from parking that was surrounded by a wall of pine tree with tons of pollen. Just took three hours to wash it this afternoon.
Attached Images    
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

is that Cashmere interior in a bright light or something more uncommon? The black piping on the seats says something is different here... Pics please!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha
I posted this pic before and never really figured out what it is called . It is more orange than cashmere. It is not chestnut. And terracotta is redder? There's an exclusive option code on the sticker that we never figured out what it is, but I'm guessing the piping and stuff ( even the carpet has the same piping) is an factory exclusive custom order option. I've seen another aventurine green 993 with cashmere and piping but they were 964 seats, so I haven't seen any other 993 with factory piped seats.

so..... whats up with my headlight o.O Am I the only one that notice my headlights be not identical on both sides o.o
Old 04-15-2012, 11:25 PM
G$ 993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the headlight clean DIY recently. Tabs were not melted on either side.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
hahaha
I posted this pic before and never really figured out what it is called . It is more orange than cashmere. It is not chestnut. And terracotta is redder? There's an exclusive option code on the sticker that we never figured out what it is, but I'm guessing the piping and stuff ( even the carpet has the same piping) is an factory exclusive custom order option. I've seen another aventurine green 993 with cashmere and piping but they were 964 seats, so I haven't seen any other 993 with factory piped seats.

so..... whats up with my headlight o.O Am I the only one that notice my headlights be not identical on both sides o.o
Hey, I just 'ed your original self-. Looks like you don't have perforated seats either. Great looking interior. Very different and cool! The contrasting piping gives it a throwback feel (to me) and a little of a basketball with the orangey leather and black stripes (piping).

Back on topic, I can't help you with the tabs on the headlight, sorry.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

I think it's called the 'comfort leather' option (without the perforations), but the piping must be an additional option.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Or could the previous owner swapped out a different headlight housing? Just wondering ....
The PO or dealer simply replaced it with an OEM replacement lens. No need to melt the tabs. Maybe a rock had shattered the lens.

Quick Reply: Little Discovery During Headlight Lens Cleaning...